Three Minute Thesis (3MT) is an annual competition for graduate students in a thesis-based program. The University of Manitoba 3MT is part of an overall strategy to highlight our graduate students, promote UM research and connect with the community.
The Student Work Placement Program
Since the COVID-19 pandemic began, there have been significant challenges for Canadian organizations to hire, train and retain employees in a variety of sectors, including healthcare. To support this, the Student Work Placement Program was created to provide funding to employ post-secondary students within healthcare organizations, bioscience companies and research organizations.
BioTalent Canada has already placed over 1,500 students through the Student Work Placement Program. To meet the current demand for healthcare talent, BioTalent Canada will place an additional 1,500 post-secondary students within Canada’s healthcare and bioscience industries between now and March 2021.
For post-secondary students
- Gain valuable skills employers need
- Start building a healthcare career
- Showcase direct on-the-job experience on your resume
- Gain access to funds to hire students
- Leverage a talented pool of students eager to enhance their skills
- Develop new talent for future recruitment needs
- Applications are being accepted for all placements starting before March 2021
- Employers and positions can be pre-approved for funding before they finalize their selection of students to hire
- This program allows up to 75% of a student’s work placement salary to be reimbursed to a maximum of $7,500
- Employers can receive funding for up to 16 weeks of their students full-time or part-time employment
- Students can work from home
For more information and to apply for SWPP, please visit: www.biotalent.ca/Co-opFunds