The Manitoba government is investing $24 million over four years to help sector councils provide workforce training and develop human resource services, Education and Training Minister Kelvin Goertzen announced today.
Training & Events
Building a High Performing Team
How do you build a great team? You become a great leader.
Building a High Performing Team trains you to overcome dysfunctions, manage conflicts, and develop strategies to keep your team on-track and high performing. This session is based on Patrick Lencioni’s “Five Dysfunctions of a Team” — a renowned business model that explores organizational politics and team failure.
Workshop includes lunch and snacks.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This session is ideal for your team! Register in multiples for team discount!
Managers, supervisors, CEOs - anyone who needs a refresher or wants to be in a leadership role.
- Describe the principles and stages of team development and identify the specific stage your team may be in.
- Understand and explain the “Five Dysfunctions of a Team”
- Create strategies on addressing the “Five Dysfunctions” in order to become a high performing team
- What is a team?
- What are the characteristics of a high performing team?
- Team dynamics and the four stages of team development
- Discussion and review of Patrick Lencioni’s model called the “Five Dysfunctions of a Team”
- Develop strategies for overcoming each of the dysfunctions
- Effectively manage conflict with team members and between team members
- Steps to building trust and striving for consensus among team members
Barry Jansen, owner and President of JansenHR, is a senior human resources and leadership consulting professional. Drawing from 25 years of experience, Jansen is accomplished in the non-profit, manufacturing, and healthcare sectors.
He holds an Honours Bachelor of Science degree from the University of Manitoba and a Certificate in Human Resource Management.
As an HR professional, Jansen is a long term member of the Human Resources Management Association
of Manitoba, the Society for Human Resource Management, and the Human Capital Institute.