The Manitoba government is investing $24 million over four years to help sector councils provide workforce training and develop human resource services, Education and Training Minister Kelvin Goertzen announced today.
Training & Events
TECHNICAL WRITING: TWO-DAY EXCLUSIVE WORKSHOP
Technical people need to write and communicate information to both technical and nontechnical audiences. Yet, it is one of the most underdeveloped skills. Often, what we learned in previous language arts classes don’t always apply to the types of writing required in technical environments.
In the Technical Writing Skills 2 day workshop, you will learn techniques that apply to writing technical letters, reports, emails, and proposals. You will be presented with the Pyramid Method of WritingTM, which was developed by RGI in 1972. This is a technique for organizing your thoughts and structuring your content. It is a formula which helps technical professionals visualize information into distinct compartments in a logical order.
· Organizing the writing task,
· Identifying primary information and directing readers' attention to it
· Arranging facts for maximum impact
· Sharpening your personal writing style to create a strong, effective presence
· Incorporating information-design techniques to improve readability
· Writing clear, concise and complete information for varying audiences
· Writing effective email messages
· Writing short reports including, incident, inspection, progress and project completion reports
· Planning and writing longer informal and semiformal reports
· Planning and writing informal and semiformal proposals
· Writing longer more formal investigations, justifications, evaluations and recommendations
· Writing comparative analyses
EARLY BIRD PRICE: $575 (Register by April 1st)
Regular Price: $650 for Members, $750 for Non-Members
Lunch & Snacks included
DATE & TIME: APRIL 24-25, 8 am - 5 pm
LOCATION: Delta Hotel - 350 St Mary Ave
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR:
Lisa Moretto, President of RGI International, Inc., is responsible for developing and presenting workshops specializing in improving technical communications skills. She has been active in the technical communication field for 27 years and has been presenting workshops to engineers and other scientific and technical professionals since 1992. Prior to RGI, Moretto was a Learning Products Engineer in the Office Products Division of Hewlett-Packard Ltd and worked as an Information Developer for IBM. Lisa teaches regularly to the EGM, LSAM, Manitoba Hydro, Richardson International, and TetraTech.
REGISTER TODAY - EARLY BIRD PRICING