The Hon. Jim Carr, Minister of International Trade Diversification, on behalf of the Hon. Navdeep Bains, Minister of Innovation, Science and Economic Development, announced an investment of up to $30 million in the Canadian Food Innovators Network (CFIN)
Training & Events
Effectively Managing Change and Transition
Learn the change management techniques that will keep your team motivated during a transition period
For organizational changes to be successful, it is important for employees to highly motivated and willing to make contributions. When employees feel out of the loop, they may resist change, lose morale, decrease productivity and ultimately hamper the growth of the organization. By contrast, employees who are guided proactively through change are much more likely to be dedicated contributors who adjust well and contribute to your organization's future success.
This session will teach you the strategies you need to facilitate positive changes in your organization.
Participants will be involved in discussions about the following:
- The fundamental and psychological differences between change and transition
- How to identify your common reaction to change and how that impacts your ability to lead a change initiative
- Detailed analysis of a study about why people resist change and the common responses to change
- The three stages of a transition process and how people move through those stages
- How to use best practice research and review the steps involved in effectively facilitating positive change and transition in the workplace
This single class is an effective and useful standalone for anyone in a leadership role -- regardless of experience. Workshop includes lunch and snacks.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This session is ideal for managers, supervisors, presidents, or anyone who wants to be in a leadership role.
DATE: June 18, 2019
TIME: 8:30 am - 12:00 pm
LOCATION: 1000 Waverley Street, Training room 104
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR
Barry Jansen, owner and President of JansenHR, is a senior human resources and leadership consulting professional. Drawing from 25 years of experience, Jansen is accomplished in the non-profit, manufacturing, and healthcare sectors. He holds an Honours Bachelor of Science degree from the University of Manitoba and a Certificate in Human Resource Management. As an HR professional, Jansen is a long term member of the Human Resources Management Association of Manitoba, the Society for Human Resource Management, and the Human Capital Institute.