It is important to ensure that team members and employees feel safe, valued and respected in their work environment. And essential for leaders and employees to understand their rights and responsibilities; and how their actions and beliefs can contribute to building a respectful workplace.
This half-day workshop will ensure leaders and employees alike, know what a respectful workplace environment can look like. It will help you identify the practical strategies to improve respectful communication and create a positive workplace environment.
By the end of this session, participants will:
- Understand and recognize behaviours that show respect and inclusivity working with diverse teams.
- Understand the rights and responsibilities of the employer and the employee and be able to review the legalities of the workplace.
- Be able to identify examples of harassment and discrimination and gain insights on strategies for respectful workplace best practices.
- Know the consequences of engaging in disrespectful behaviour at work and how diversity may influence one's actions in handling conflict at work.
- Understand the best practices for interacting and communicating respectfully with others and how that helps to build a respectful workplace.
DATE: October 8th, 2019
TIME: 12:30 pm - 4:00 pm
LOCATION: Training Room 104, 1000 Waverley Street
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR
Melenie Olfert is a diversity and intercultural practitioner, presenter, and trainer with more than 10 years of facilitation experience to a variety of audiences. Melenie holds several certificates on adult education and diplomas in Business and Human Resources Management as well as an acknowledgment from the recognized Diversity & lntercultural training program with the Province of Manitoba. She has co-authored workplace resources used by organizational leaders across the province and is the co facilitator of the Language Interpreter Training Program. Melenie has delivered training and developed curriculum in the areas of diversity and inclusion, respectful workplace, leadership skills, positive coaching, and employee motivation and well-being.