Funding day is an opportunity for companies, from across the province, to connect with funders, investors and service providers.
Training & Events
Speaking as a Leader - DAY 1 (SOLD OUT)
SOLD OUT, REGISTER FOR DAY 2 HERE: https://www.biomb.ca/events/event/1300
Speaking as a Leader® is a highly interactive workshop which teaches participants how to lead every time they communicate. This workshop will give participants practical tools and guidance they can implement immediately. The underlying objective of the program is to help participants become more influential through their communication.
The ability to speak with clarity, conviction and influence is critical in leadership. To be truly effective, leaders must be able to inspire action every time they communicate - from formal talks and presentations to less formal impromptu interactions like one-on-one conversations, impromptu discussions and Q&A sessions.
Speaking as a Leader® meets this goal by showing participants how to communicate persuasively and inspirationally leaders in every interaction. The program involves applied learning to ensure the tools are immediately applicable, and the impact is lasting. It includes a hands-on presentation workshop, discussions, one-to-one coaching and exercises.
In this session, participants will learn to:
- Approach communication with the intent to inspire action.
- Speak and write with clarity and conviction in every interaction
- Engage your audience with a grabber
- Develop and deliver clear and powerful messages
- Communicate powerful messages that reflect your leadership style
- Support your message using a clear and logical structure
- Close with a clear call to action
- Display the presence of a leader no matter the venue
- Plan effectively for critical conversations
- Structure your thinking on the fly in impromptu discussions
- Handle negative comments and pushback with confidence
DATE: June 25th, 2019
LOCATION: Boardroom 1, 1000 Waverley Street
About The Instructor
Dan Dumsha is a Consultant based in Vancouver. He works closely with leaders at all levels including senior leaders and C-suite executives, delivering coaching and group courses. Through his work, Dan helps leaders engage and inspire audiences in prepared and impromptu situations.
Since joining the firm in 2009, Dan has developed and led seminars, workshops and personalized coaching programs across North America and Latin America. Dan is passionate about training leaders and instructors to be inspirational, clear, and authentic. Current clients include executives at FortisBC, BC Hydro, Microsoft, Walmart Mexico, Goldcorp, RBC Financial, CP Rail, Bell, Sauder Executive Education and Deloitte. At The Humphrey Group, Dan took an instrumental role in developing talent by supporting recruitment efforts, leading internal training initiatives, and guiding all instructors in their personal development plans in 2014.