The Winnipeg Regional Health Authority has received its first shipment of N95 respirator masks that were manufactured by a Winnipeg company, Precision ADM. It hopes to send out 20,000 masks to frontline workers by the end of the month.
Training & Events
Indigenous Workforce Development - Virtual Workshop
The Indigenous population is the fastest-growing demographic in Canada. However, there are still many barriers that prevent Indigenous people from fully participating in education and employment. Companies that educate themselves on these issues and implement solutions
are on the road to developing a more inclusive and robust workforce.
The workshop will cover the following
- Historical and contemporary situation of Indigenous People
- Where do we go from here?
- Efforts to engage Indigenous people in the workforce
- Indigenous Inclusion plan Introducing the workforce to Indigenous history, culture, and inclusion
- Assessing applications
- Interview process
- On-boarding: induction
- Whole organization approach
- Managing an Indigenous workforce
This workshop is for executives who want to implement strategies to help ensure that Indigenous people are hired and retained in their companies.
Other critical positions that will benefit from this workshop include:
- Managers who must align the company, internally and externally, with the strategic vision;
- Human Resource Professionals who are charged with the overall responsibility for implementing strategies and policies relating to the management of individuals;
- Training and Development Specialists who are responsible for the development and implementation of employee training plans;
- Any employees who play an important role in achieving the objectives of the company and are interested in learning how to help mitigate challenges faced by Indigenous co-workers.