Three Minute Thesis (3MT) is an annual competition for graduate students in a thesis-based program. The University of Manitoba 3MT is part of an overall strategy to highlight our graduate students, promote UM research and connect with the community.
Training & Events
Microsoft Excel Level 2
Microsoft Excel Level 2 - May 11, 2021
We are back to in-person training with reduced participants! Your safety is our priority, please see the details on our protocols to keep everyone safe.
Who should attend Excel Level 2?
This course is intended for participants who are familiar with Microsoft Excel 2016.
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to accomplish the following:
- Organize, protect, and display data using various tools.
- Use the IF function, create linking formulas, and manage links.
- Manage and arrange multiple workbooks, insert and manage multiple worksheets within a workbook, and consolidate data from multiple sources.
- Create and modify charts to present data effectively; customize charts to enhance their appearance.
- Create, apply and modify styles to format worksheets consistently and quickly; use comments, text boxes to annotate worksheets, and sparklines to highlight and explain data.
Worksheet Organization - Managing Range Names; Creating and Using Workbook Templates; Applying Worksheet Security; Creating and Using Outlines
Advanced Formulas - Using the IF Function; Linking Formulas; Modifying and Restoring Links
Using Multiple Workbooks & Worksheets - Working with Multiple Workbooks; Working with Multiple Worksheets; Consolidating Data
Working with Charts - Creating Charts; Changing Chart Data; Modifying Chart Elements; Creating Custom Charts
Applying Formatting - Working with Styles; Annotating Worksheets; Using Sparklines
Date: May 11, 2021
Location: 1000 Waverley St. Winnipeg
Time: 8:30 am to 4:00 pm
Member Pricing: $85.00
Non-Member Pricing: $125.00
Required by attendees:
- Practice social distancing with 6 ft separation
- All training attendees are required to wear masks when entering the building and throughout the common areas of the building
- Upon entry into the building, hands must be sanitized before signing in
- When gathering food, attendees are instructed to go one at a time to allow for social distancing
- Frequent hand-washing
Required by BAM Staff:
- All tables and surface areas are sanitized before, during and after the class.
- All training rooms have hand sanitizers and disinfectants for use throughout the training session.
- All washroom touchpoints are sanitized and documented multiple times throughout the day.
- Food provided is individually wrapped and prepackaged.
- Hands are sanitized and a mask is worn by the person bringing the food into the classroom.
- All persons working in the building are required to wear a mask in all common areas of the building example- corridors, kitchen area, washrooms, etc.
$125.00 (Members pay $85.00)