Individuals who currently have a digital Manitoba immunization card or are applying for one can visit immunizationcard.Manitoba.ca or call 1-844-MAN-VACC (1-844-626-8222) to request their PVC, in digital or hard copy.
Training & Events
Get to the Point! A Practical Writing Course for Technical Professionals
Don't waste your audience's time: Be clear, concise, complete and confident in your communications.
Most technical professionals avoided writing classes but now find that to succeed, they must be able to put their ideas and information in writing. Emails, reports, proposals, recommendations, and business cases are still the most effective way we deliver information. How you communicate is what will differentiate you and your organization from your competition.
- Create a confident image by sharpening writing style
- Develop a clear, concise and complete writing style
- Identify and focus the reader's attention on the main message
- Understand the purpose for communicating (informative vs persuasive)
- Differentiate between "need to know" and "nice to know" information
- Use the Active Voice to make your information easier to understand
- Write effective email
- Use acronyms and abbreviations correctly
- Create a personal, professional and comfortable tone
- Write short reports – incident, field trip, inspections, progress and project completion
- Eliminate wordy expressions
- Write reports for multiple-audience readers with different levels of subject knowledge
- Organize and write longer reports
- Write justifications, investigations, and recommendations
- Write procedures and instructions
- Write short proposals to convey an idea, suggestion, or change report
- Structure proposals of varying lengths
- Write an effective executive summary
- Use Information Design techniques to increase the readability of a report
In addition to a comprehensive 100-page course handbook, participants will receive personal feedback on three writing assignments and experience group and individual exercises.
Key Details to Know
This highly interactive webinar series involves 9 hours of instruction and 3 hours of independent practical exercises. We use breakout rooms for group discussions and exercises, polls, chat, and Q&A to engage participants and obtain feedback during the sessions.
Course Instructor: Lisa Moretto
Total Hours: 9 hours of instruction and 3 hours of independent exercises
Sessions: 6 sessions, 1.5 hours each, spread over 3 weeks
Monday, November 29th, 2021
Wednesday December 1st, 2021
Monday, December 6th, 2021
Wednesday, December 8th, 2021
Monday December 13th, 2021
Wednesday, December 15th, 2021
11:00am to 12:30pm
Photographs and/or videos could possibly be taken at this event. By taking part in this event, you grant Bioscience Association Manitoba (BAM) full rights to use the images resulting from the photography/filming of this event, and any reproductions or adaptations of the images for marketing, publicity or other purposes to help achieve our vision (to cultivate a vital bioscience community that drives economic growth for Manitoba.) This might include (but is not limited to) the right to use them in printed format, digital publications, social media, marketing materials and press releases.
If you do not wish to be photographed/filmed, please contact us at email@example.com
Get to the Point - Nov 29 to Dec 15, 2021
$1,100.00 (Members pay $770.00)