Watch for upcoming sessions where we will link you with everyday topics and issues, that relate to your supply chain.
Manitoba Adult Language Training for Immigrants
Expanding Skills for Employment in the Bioscience Industry
The Bioscience Association of Manitoba (BAM) is pleased to offer an opportunity to 20 unemployed newcomers to attend technical training courses for careers in the biosciences.
BAM has designed the Scientific and Technical English Language Training (STEL) program specifically for the bioscience sector - FREE to individual participants – a value of over $7000.00. Successful candidates will receive training to upgrade essential professional skills to help them enter the exciting bioscience workforce. At completion, candidates will be able to showcase their skills to employers with an industry-wide recognized BioReadyTM certificate from BioTalent Canada! Candidates who complete the STEL program will be eligible to be tested at Winnipeg English Language Assessment and Referral Center (WELARC) for Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) certification. This certification will be invaluable to strengthen your resume for future employment.
BAM will sponsor 20 individuals to complete the program which includes:
· A comprehensive curriculum:
- Information on the bioeconomy in Canada
- Essential skills training in the bioeconomy
- Scientific report writing
- Workplace Culture and Diversity
- Language and workplace communication training for the bioscience sector including reading, writing, listening, speaking, teamwork skills
· 30 – 35 hour online sessions
· Pre- and post-assessment for employment readiness
The online sessions will be offered between July – August 2021.
How To Apply
Applicants must complete the application form below.
Send the completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants must also complete:
- A generic consent form required by the Province of Manitoba;
- A Pre-Training Self-assessment Survey;
- A survey within 2 weeks following completion of the training program. In this survey, participants will be asked to comment on what they learned and how the course may influence their career goals;
- A survey 6 months following completion of the training program to determine the effectiveness of the course for job placements.
The application deadline is June 18, 2021, at 11:59 pm CDT.
Application to be completed and emailed to email@example.com
Submitted applications will be reviewed by BAM Management. Applicants will be notified of their application status no later than June 25, 2021.
Funding For This Initiative Provided By