The Training and Development Coordinator will create and maintain a comprehensive training program for all employees across the organization. You will manage, design, develop, coordinate and conduct large or small scale training programs. Conviron employs a global sales and distribution network with product placements in more than 90 countries worldwide. Our innovative design and manufacturing expertise has established Conviron as an industry leader on a global scale with products that are innovative, reliable, and robust.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Utilizing identified qualifications, map out training plans, design and develop training programs (outsourced or in-house)
- Choose appropriate training methods per case (simulations, mentoring, on the job training, professional development classes, etc.)
- Market available training opportunities to employees and leadership.
- Conduct organization-wide needs assessment and identify skills or knowledge gaps that need to be addressed.
- Use accepted education principles and track new training methods and techniques.
- Design and prepare educational aids and materials.
- Assess instructional effectiveness and summarize evaluation reports determining the impact of training on employee skills.
- Partner with internal stakeholders and liaise with matter experts regarding instructional design.
- Provide train-the-trainer sessions for internal subject matter experts.
- Manage the HR training database.
- Maintain cohesiveness and ownership of the training and development policy.
- Assist in preparing employees to be ready for advancement into the next identified role.
- Provide continual following up with training participants to ensure training requirements are met. This includes: emailing training pre-work and class reminders to applicable participants, shipping training materials, managing catering, coordinating training vendors and filing contracts, enrolling participants, scheduling courses, maintaining a training calendar and booking training rooms.
- Source government-sponsored funding opportunities to recoup some training costs when possible.
REQUIRED SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Proven working experience in coordinating multiple training events in a corporate setting.
- Experience in designing training programs for a manufacturing facility would be a definite asset.
- Extensive knowledge of instructional design theory and implementation.
- Proven ability to complete full training cycle (assess needs, plan, develop, coordinate, monitor and evaluate)
- Familiarity with adult learning training methods and techniques.
- MS Office proficiency.
- Some technical knowledge of electrical or refrigeration an asset
- Some knowledge/experience of Training Within Industry; especially the Job Instruction method, an asset.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple assignments.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Degree in Education, Training, HR or related field.
POSITION DURATION: Permanent position. Part-time or full-time hours with some flexibility regarding hours per day. Minimum 30 hours per week to a maximum of 37.5 hours per week depending on the candidate.
RATE OF PAY: The successful applicant will be remunerated based on their skills and experience.
DATE OF POSTING: April 30, 2019
CLOSING DATE: Once a suitable candidate is selected
Applicants should submit a resume for consideration to:
590 Berry St.
Winnipeg, MB R3H 0R9
Attn: Human Resources
Include the title Training and Development Coordinator in your subject line.