Emergent BioSolutions is currently seeking a Manager in our Project Management Department. The ideal candidate will have post-secondary education preferably in Business or Science related fields, 5-10 years of project management experience, preferably within the Pharmaceutical or Biotechnology Industry.
In addition, this candidate will have a solid background in leadership, strong written and presentation skills and the ability to demonstrate a high level of initiative. The successful candidate will possess a strong work ethic with a commitment to excellence, innovation, and a drive to lead our organization towards success.
Emergent BioSolutions is dedicated to one simple mission—to protect and enhance life.
As a global specialty pharmaceutical company, Emergent offers specialized products to healthcare providers and governments to address medical needs and emerging health threats.
We value the diversity that each employee brings, and while we look for people who share our Core Values, we thrive on difference as well. With hundreds of talented employees working around the globe, Emergent is a growing organization with a wide variety of scientific, technical and professional career opportunities worldwide.
The Manager of Programs will be responsible for leading a project management team and managing large government contracts consisting of multiple, interdependent projects to ensure the overall strategic goals for the site, business unit, and company are achieved. This position requires a strong communicator and leader who is team focused with a proven ability to work in a fast paced and highly regulated environment. Our Project Management team works not only as project leaders but as true team members supporting projects from start to finish.
Emergent BioSolutions is currently seeking a Project Manager who is team focused with a proven ability to work in a fast-paced and highly regulated environment. Our Project Management team works not only as project leaders, but as true team members supporting projects from start to finish. We cultivate teamwork and promote accountability. We strive for excellence and innovation in everything we do and drive efficiencies within the scope of our projects. We provide excellent internal and external customer service. For us, “Customer Service” is more than a duty - it’s the way we do business. After all, our work supports the successful development and management of life saving products and we leave work each day knowing we’ve made a difference. If you are motivated by challenge and innovation – this is the role for you!
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop with Project Managers the strategic project plan documents including Technical Baselines, Risk Management Plan and Gantt charts to meet long-term corporate goals and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Plan, develop, monitor, track and document milestones and key project/program events.
- Provide leadership and vision and motivate cross-functional project teams to achieve corporate goals though the implementation of the program/project plans.
- Develop and communicate program/project goals and deliverables and evaluate progress to promote successful achievement of corporate strategic goals.
- Manage the contractual, technical, and financial requirement of each program.
- Oversee the management of the day-to-day aspects of program/project and scope.
- Ensure deliverables prepared by team are acceptable before submission to the sponsor/client.
- Implement strategies to minimize deviations to the project/program plan, mitigate risks and ensure the program remains in alignment with the corporate goals.
Responsible for the preparation of program proposals, new contracts, and management of contracts:
- Develop the technical and financial plans for proposed programs/ projects by assigning tasks to cross-functional groups and consolidating the information obtained.
- Analyze the proposed plans for feasibility and fit within the overall strategic goals of the company and make recommendations to Senior Management.
- Manage program contracts to ensure compliance, and to ensure budget and performance requirements are met.
Responsible for the development and management of Project Managers and Associates:
- Provide support, direction and leadership to the Project Managers for the management of specific project within the Program Manager's program/portfolio.
- Ensure the Project Managers and Associates have the skills and resources to perform delegated responsibilities.
- Perform regular performance reviews according to corporate policy.
Responsible for the financial forecasting and monitoring:
- Work with finance for the development of revenue forecasts and cost budgets.
- Review and update the revenue and cost budgets to align with programs. Manage and adjust program to meet revenue and cost budgets.
- Identify actions that will result in costs savings and identify and propose scope changes that may increase revenue.
Responsible for regular effective project reporting to Senior Managers and internal and external sponsors/clients:
- Analyze and make recommendations on the prioritization of resources to best meet the strategic business objectives.
- Deliver engaging, informative and well-organized presentations.
- Provide regular updates on the program/project status, including milestones achieved, mitigation plans for identified delays or risks, changes in project scope, and project financials.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by those in this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, and other duties may be assigned.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE
- Qualified candidates will have a minimum of post-secondary education, preferably in Business or Science related fields
- 5-10 years’ experience preferably in Pharmaceuticals or Biotechnology industry and Project Management
- Solid leadership, interpersonal, analytic and problem-solving skills, combined with strong written and presentation skills, and the ability to negotiate and positively influence peers in multiple disciplines are requirements.
- Must be results oriented, flexible, demonstrate a significant level of initiative, and have the ability to comprehend detailed and complex strategic, technical, financial, and marketing issues.