Location: Corporate Office, Winnipeg, MB
Are you a problem solver who thrives in a high-growth, fast-paced environment collaborating with a small high-performing team? Do you love financial models, and distilling complex financial information to drive operational and strategic decisions? If you're interested in starting a newly created role where you can contribute your analytical and business acumen to our continuing growth, then we may have the role you've been looking for.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Financial Analyst will provide value-added financial support to help drive key business decision making. In this role, you will leverage your passion for finance, your proficiencies in accounting and your flair for communication to deliver insightful analytics and reports that will contribute to improving the unit economics of our product solutions, the efficiencies of our business units, and in supporting the long-term strategic growth of the company.
- Maintain and advance complex financial forecast models for long-term business planning;
Analyze financial data of proposed projects and/or product offerings and create financial models for decision support;
- Evaluate financial performance by comparing and analyzing actual results with budgets and forecasts across all company entities and business unit. Provide insights on results of variance analysis, including relevant patterns and trends and provide recommendations to management to optimize future performance;
- Monitor and evaluate performance of commercial and representative partners; collaborate with key account managers to provide feedback and key performance metrics relevant to each;
- Participate in the annual budgeting process, including analyzing the proposed budgets for each business unit and evaluating all capital budget requests;
- Support the accounting team to ensure accurate financial reporting, including establishing and monitoring month-end account reconciliations driven by automated data extracts/feeds from source systems;
- Contribute to external investor and shareholder reporting and communications;
- Identify and drive collaboration with finance and systems teams for process improvements, including the automation of budgeting and forecasting updates, efficiency of month-end reporting processes, standard and ad-hoc financial and KPI reports, tools and dashboards;
- Perform market research, data mining, business intelligence and valuation comps;
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of the business, as well as the product offerings in each of the Company's markets;
- Work closely with the Controller and Manager of Finance with managing and executing responsibilities of the Finance team;
- Contribute to other cross-functional initiatives as needed to support the business;
Education and Experience:
- Minimum 3 years' experience in a finance role, or other relevant experience with budgeting, forecasting, financial analysis, and business planning;
- Post-secondary degree or diploma from an accredited Business program;
- Professional designation as either a CFA, CBV, CPA, or MBA;
- Proficient with financial modeling techniques and strong analytical and data gathering skills;
- Excellent organizational skills and a strong attention to detail, including the ability to document supporting information and data sources, and the ability to identify data patterns;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with a proven ability to interact with all levels of management;
- Passion for working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment;
- Proficiency/advanced skills with Excel and PowerPoint are essential. Exposure to Microsoft Power BI would also be an asset.
Compensation: Farmers Edge offers a competitive compensation package with benefits and a retirement plan. Salary dependent on qualifications and skill.
Farmers Edge is a global leader in decision agriculture servicing over 24 million paid product acres worldwide with precision digital solutions. Integrating field-centric data, easy-to-use software, state-of-the-art processing technology, predictive modelling, and advanced agronomic analytics, Farmers Edge provides growers with scalable solutions to produce more with less. Using innovative digital agronomic tools, Farmers Edge solutions focus on the sustainable production of high-yielding, high-quality crops and are designed to optimize inputs, minimize environmental impact, and protect economic viability of the farm. From seed selection to yield data analytics, Farmers Edge transforms big data into timely and accurate insights to support informed decision making.