Kane Biotech Inc. is seeking candidates for the permanent full-time position of Supply Chain Manager. The position will report to the Vice-President, Quality & Compliance and will be focused on overseeing and quality management of the company’s overall supply chain, logistics strategy and operations. The individual will support Kane Biotech in bringing new and existing products to market by managing supplier relationships and acting as the key contact between both external (i.e., manufacturers, suppliers, distributors and retailers) and internal departments (i.e., Research and Development, Marketing, Sales, Accounting and Quality), ensuring optimal costs, compliance and timely delivery. The candidate will be responsible for ensuring that the suppliers deliver a quality product, that meet Kane’s high standards.
Major Responsibilities include:
- Enable efficient sourcing of new products by acting as Supply Chain consultant to R&D, Marketing and Regulatory in the development process
- Manage the supply vendor management program in line with Kane’s quality standards
- Ensures the availability and accuracy of both products and pricing through effective management of suppliers and the supply chain:
- Product ordering and shipping
- Management and maintenance of inventory
- Management and maintenance of supplier relationships including contracts, pricing, vendor and product information
- Manage cost savings to improve margins and product optimization opportunities for all items.
- Sourcing vendors for new product development
- Management and communication of forecast information internally and externally
- Communication of pricing and product information internally and externally
- Troubleshooting of supplier/franchisee issues
- Assists the Marketing Team on introduction of new products as well as management of the existing products
- Determine and implement cost reduction opportunities in supply chain and logistics in order to improve margins Manage and negotiate supplier relationships, contracts and pricing
- Management and auditing of suppliers to ensure they meet our QA standards
Education and Skills
The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented, self-motivated, driven to improve efficiency and passionate about service. This position requires flexibility, attention to detail and a desire to learn – many issues come up on a day to day basis that are unplanned and can require creative thinking. Other qualifications include:
- Supply Chain Management Professional (SCMP) designation in addition to or in place of a
- Bachelors’ degree
- 7+ years’ experience in management of vendor/supplier relationships, contract and pricing
- negotiations, and cost savings initiatives
- 7+ years’ direct experience with distribution or procurement within a supply chain environment including cross-border shipping
- A Canadian citizen or permanent resident, with a valid passport and the ability to travel
Compensation and benefits
Dependent on qualifications and experience
Kane Biotech offers a shared cost comprehensive employee benefit program. Kane Biotech has a share-based incentive program.
How to Apply – Send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
About Kane Biotech
Kane Biotech is a fast-paced and exciting company with aggressive growth goals and where employees work as a team in a fun and rewarding environment. Kane is located on the University of Manitoba campus with its business offices at Smart Park (135 Innovation Drive) and its researchers and lab at the Richardson Centre for Functional Foods and Nutraceuticals (196 Innovation Drive).
Kane Biotech is a publicly-traded (TSX-V: KNE) biotechnology company engaged in the research, development and commercialization of products that prevent and remove biofilms.