Are you looking to take your user experience design and visual design skills to new heights? At Tactica, you will have the opportunity to own your work as your analytical skills and creative instincts are challenged crafting mobile apps, games and websites for various industries, including health, education, research, retail and more.
Job Type / Category
We are looking for a UX and UI designer (digital product designer), who will be responsible for bringing ideas from initial concept to launch. You will use your analytical and creative abilities throughout the design process, creating and developing UX flows, user journey maps, and more, to wireframes and mockups of high-fidelity visual designs. You will be responsible for the overall functionality within the product, working to iterate on it where possible to ensure a great user experience and user interface.
- Facilitate client’s product visions by researching, conceiving, wireframing, sketching, prototyping, and mocking up user experiences for digital products.
- Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core, and new, functions and features.
- Translate concepts into deliverables: wireframes, user stories, user journeys, and mockups optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces.
- Craft beautiful apps, websites, icons, controls, and visual elements with great typography.
- Present and defend your design decisions. All your design decisions should be based on the overall design roadmap as well as your own design thinking and fundamental principles (i.e. colour theory, visual weight, etc.)
- Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions.
- Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate your designs.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders.
- Take smart risks and champion new ideas.
- Continually keep yourself and your design team updated with the latest changes in your industry’s standards.
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
- Three or more years of UI and UX design experience. Preference will be given to candidates who have experience designing complex solutions for complete digital environments.
- Expertise in UX software such as InVision, Sketch or Balsamiq.
- Ability to work with clients to understand detailed requirements and design complete user experiences that meet client needs and vision.
- Extensive experience in using UX design best practices to design solutions, and a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design.
- A solid grasp of user-centred design and testing methodologies, subsystems, and usability and accessibility concerns.
- Ability to iterate your designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and clients.
- A clear understanding of the importance of user-centred design.
- Be excited about collaborating and communicating closely with teams and other stakeholders via a distributed model to regularly deliver design solutions for approval.
- Be willing to help teammates, share knowledge and experience with them, and learn from them.
- Be open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism.
- Be passionate about all things UX and other areas of design and innovation. Research and showcase knowledge in the industry’s latest trends and technologies.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process.
- Graphic design skills.
Tactica is an award-winning interactive digital media studio located in the heart of Winnipeg. Some projects we’ve worked on include tools to help parents with children who have autism, asthma and allergies, encouraging workplace wellness, enabling people to explore the impacts of climate change, touchscreen trip planners, French grammar games for kids, and more. Clients we’ve worked with include the Oprah Winfrey Network, CBC, McGill University, University of British Columbia, University of Calgary, City TV, and more.
Our mission is to make the world a better place by continuing to push the boundaries of interactive experience design, and we’re looking for more like-minded people to join us. We have a new custom-built office located on famous Corydon Ave, near more than a dozen delicious restaurants. Our team is great and mostly hilarious, and we’re growing, so there’s lots of room to develop your dream career with us.
With Tactica. you will enjoy:
- Contributing to projects that make a difference in health, education and research
- Challenges and learning from projects across many industries and platforms
- Competitive salary
- Professional development opportunities like conferences, workshops, training
- Flexible hours and the ability to work from home
- Direct access to stakeholders and executives
- Health benefits (including massage therapy, nutritionist, and more)
- Paid holidays
- Free access to an onsite fitness centre
- Endless free coffee and various teas
- Team building off-site events
- A pet-friendly office
- An office NES and other game systems to help you chill and bond with team members
Job Type: Full-time
UX and UI design: 2 years (Preferred)