Emergent BioSolutions is currently seeking a Specialist, Operational Excellence for our Winnipeg location. The select candidate will possess a bachelor’s degree and have experience in Lean fundamentals, concepts and facilitation.
The ideal candidate will have 5 years of related operational experience, Lean or Lean Sigma Green Belt certification or equivalent and have extensive experience in Microsoft Suite products and SharePoint. Must have the ability to provide feedback and be a results-oriented problem solver with a strong analytical mind set. In addition, this individual will possess a strong work ethic and a commitment to excellence and innovation.
Emergent BioSolutions is dedicated to one simple mission—to protect and enhance life. As a global specialty pharmaceutical company, Emergent offers specialized products to healthcare providers and governments to address medical needs and emerging health threats.
We value the diversity that each employee brings, and while we look for people who share our Core Values, we thrive on difference as well. With hundreds of talented employees working around the globe, Emergent is a growing organization with a wide variety of scientific, technical and professional career opportunities worldwide.
The Operational Excellence (OE) Specialist functions as an OE facilitator, analyst, advisor/coach, project manager and educator to lead and support Emergent’s global OE program initiatives. This individual works with a broad range of Emergent leadership, management, staff and stakeholders to drive process improvement, the development of Emergent OE capabilities, and support efforts dedicated to Emergent’s OE/Lean business and cultural transformation.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plans, leads and facilitates continuous improvement projects using OE-related methodologies while transferring OE understanding and competencies to project members and stakeholder.
- Leads and facilitates efforts to define, map and assess Emergent business processes and operations
- Develops and delivers presentations and communications in support of projects
As a member of the global OE team, contributes to the development and execution of OE-related business transformation strategies and plans
- Contributes to OE- and business transformation-related content, communications and marketing campaigns, and to the development and maintenance of the OE Sharepoint / intranet presence
- Assists in the planning, development and delivery of Operational Excellence-related training materials and programs
- Works directly with Emergent leadership, management and staff to understand needs, assess performance, identify gaps, and develop/drive improvement initiatives
- Supports and leads efforts to develop and analyze business performance-related data and information, and the tools/systems to make data and KPIs available and visible to support performance assessment
- Support and drive “on-the-floor” engagement of site personnel in efforts associated with Emergent’s OE/Lean transformation
- Support the OE team by leading / assisting in benchmarking of industry practices and external expertise to identify opportunities and remain current on OE and business transformation concepts.
- Serves in the capacity of project manager as required by OE-related initiatives
- Maintains and analyzes OE-related project plans, metrics and dashboards
- Assist OE and Emergent leadership with strategy development and deployment through the facilitation and use of appropriate Operational Excellence methodologies
- Serves as an OE change agent to promote the language of business process, a focus on customers and process performance, visibility to performance data, and the empowerment of staff with the knowledge and authority to improve the processes for which they are responsible
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by those in this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, and other duties may be assigned.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Bachelor's degree and experience in Lean fundamentals, concepts and facilitation.
- Minimum 5 years of related operational experience with 2-5 years of Lean/Operational Excellence experience preferred
- Lean or Lean Sigma Green Belt certification or equivalent
- Demonstrates the ability to challenge the status quo and encourage break-through thinking
- Extensive experience in Microsoft Suite products and SharePoint
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to facilitate a team to defined outcomes in a timely manner
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including ability to present, influence and collaborate at leadership level
- Ability to coach and provide feedback
- Knowledge in project management with focus on ability to plan and execute
- Results oriented problem solver with a strong analytical mindset
- Ability to promote “Lean Thinking” and influence others across all facets of the organization
- Citizenship/Permanent Resident or Valid Work Permit.
- Successful Completion of a Criminal Record Check.