Who We Are
Cerebra Health is a leading digital health company focused on improving lives by changing the way the world looks at sleep. We develop and deliver technology (medical devices) to help people understand and improve their sleep. These devices will revolutionize the assessment and treatment of all aspects of sleep.
At Cerebra Health, we're big promoters of Agile and continuous integration. We strive to instill this in each of our projects. We're passionate about software quality and the end-user experience. We encourage open and honest communication among all team members.
This role will be an integral part of leading new product development for our consumer-facing products. We have many apps that we build and manage. As a Senior Developer, you will be responsible for the analysis, design, and development of software in an agile development environment.
If you are passionate about your work, thrive on generating innovative ideas, and enjoy perfecting client-driven solutions with your team, then you’re ready to join our team and set your career in motion.
- Take on a Technical Lead role on a project
- Take initiative and pitch in. You jump into areas that need your help, you leave code better than when you found it, and you actively contribute to your team’s or the engineering org’s priorities
- Has end-to-end responsibility for projects of increasing complexity that encompass more than their own development
- Accountable for planning and managing day-to-day activities associated with design, development and maintenance of business applications
- Working closely with developers, product management, and marketing to understand user needs/stories
- Ensure code written is thoroughly tested by following testing best practices including the use of unit testing, system testing, and performance testing
- Perform code reviews and provide constructive feedback
- Provide meaningful feedback to other developers and actively seek feedback from others
Skills and Experience
What you'll need to succeed:
- 6+ years of professional software development experience
- Strong application of software engineering fundamentals, including data structures, design patterns, testing, and debugging
- Ability to deliver best patterns and practices to solutions in a fast-paced environment
- Experience implementing engineering best practices such as TDD, building monitoring metrics, and code reviews
- Passion for learning and developing new skills
- Self-motivated and ability to take initiative. We live and breathe continuous improvements in ourselves, our team and the company
- Demonstrated proficiency at writing readable, scalable, maintainable code
- Comfortable working together with a team and mentoring other developers
- Requires very little oversight beyond high-level direction; they can take a complex user story, break it down into sub-tasks, and complete their sub-tasks with relative ease
What we would love to see
- Experience with cloud infrastructure (e.g. GCP, AWS, Azure)
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines (e.g. Jenkins, Travis CI, etc)
- Experience with git
- Experience working with relational databases
- Proficient in one of our primary languages (Ruby/Rails or C#)