Match your skills to a career where you’re not just doing a job; you’re making an impact every single day.
At Farmers Edge, we’re addressing the global challenge of feeding the world’s growing population while reducing environmental impact. We’re a diverse group of thinkers and doers, motivated by challenges, curiosity and bold ideas. Our culture is the foundation of our company, connecting innovation and disruption with the passion that drives us. From the software and digital tools that we create to the conversations we share; the collective force of our team is influencing revolutionary changes in agriculture to bring new levels of sustainability and opportunity to farmers and agricultural professionals.
Rapidly expanding worldwide, we’re focused on creating a diverse environment of talented individuals. Working with high-quality data sets, cloud connectivity, AI-driven algorithms and predictive models across web, mobile and app platforms, we offer a range of roles in multiple locations where you can build impactful, data-driven experiences and feel empowered to make a difference.
Join us to work with a company whose team is as innovative as its products. Together, we can make the impossible, possible.
Software Developer (DevOps)
Location: Corporate Office, Winnipeg Manitoba
As a DevOps Software Developer, you will join a team responsible for launching, provisioning, and maintaining cutting edge technologies on hundreds of cloud-based servers to deploy a variety of projects. The primary focus will be to maintain and expand our cloud environment, and deal with issues of deployment, scalability, security, and backup/failover.
What you’ll be doing:
- Work with leading edge technologies such as Kubernetes, Helm and Docker;
- Implement, maintain, improve, and document cloud infrastructure that encompasses hundreds of servers across a variety of environments;
- Support deploying, maintaining, and troubleshooting changes to projects and infrastructure;
- Use and build automation tools to improve the stability & efficiency of development and production environments;
- Develop, test, and maintain code to provision and deploy cloud infrastructure by following an infrastructure as Code methodology;
- Assist with troubleshooting applications and systems alongside the development team and involved stakeholders;
- Perform database management operations (backup, restoration, recovery);
- After hours and weekend emergency support on a rotating basis;
- Senior level Developer will be responsible for training and mentoring Junior Developers.
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Up to 2+ years of experience in DevOps or related role;
- Experience in at least one major programming language (e.g. python, ruby, c++);
- A strong understanding of Linux;
- Proficiency with revision control software (e.g. Git, GitHub, BitBucket);
- Computer Science degree or equivalent experience.
We would love to see, but only Senior Level requirements:
- Experience with PostgreSQL or similar SQL based DB;
- Cloud environment management experience (AWS, Azure, or GCE);
- Containers and container orchestration tools such as Docker, Kubernetes, Rancher, Mesosphere;
- Experience with monitoring tools like Prometheus & Grafana;
- Experience working with a central logging stack such as EFK;
- Deployment and configuration management tools such as Chef, Terraform, and Jenkins;
- Experience deploying software using CI/CD;
- Experience running systems in highly available environments.
What would be awesome:
- Familiar with Python, Ruby, NodeJS and Java;
- Experience with message brokers such as RabbitMQ and Kafka;
- Experience with Non-SQL data stores such as Elasticsearch, Cassandra, and Accumulo;
- Experience with web tools/frameworks such as Django & React
- Comfortable working in both a team environment as well as willing to work independently on assigned tasks;
- A curious mind and strong troubleshooting skills.
What you’ll get:
- Flexible working hours;
- Competitive compensation;
- Extensive benefits package;
- Employer matched DPSP retirement plan;
- Enterprise level experience with complex systems and technically challenging work.
Apply through our website: https://farmersedge.applicantpro.com/jobs/