Match your skills to a career where you’re not just doing a job; you’re making an impact every single day.
At Farmers Edge, we’re addressing the global challenge of feeding the world’s growing population while reducing environmental impact. We’re a diverse group of thinkers and doers, motivated by challenges, curiosity and bold ideas. Our culture is the foundation of our company, connecting innovation and disruption with the passion that drives us. From the software and digital tools that we create to the conversations we share; the collective force of our team is influencing revolutionary changes in agriculture to bring new levels of sustainability and opportunity to farmers and agricultural professionals.
Rapidly expanding worldwide, we’re focused on creating a diverse environment of talented individuals. Working with high-quality data sets, cloud connectivity, AI-driven algorithms and predictive models across web, mobile and app platforms, we offer a range of roles in multiple locations where you can build impactful, data-driven experiences and feel empowered to make a difference.
Join us to work with a company whose team is as innovative as its products. Together, we can make the impossible, possible.
Software Developer (Web UI)
Location: Winnipeg, MB
As a Software Developer on the Web User Interface team you will join a team responsible for developing and maintaining several web-based software systems and services. This team strives to create scalable, and optimized solutions to provide our users with safe and efficient access to our online services.
What you’ll be doing:
- Creating intuitive and visually appealing user interfaces;
- Gathering information through interviews, focus groups, online research, etc.
- Participating in daily planning activities such as Scrum meetings;
- Writing software that consumes data from a RESTful API;
- Working individually and cooperatively with a team;
- Documenting internal and external source code;
- Implementing and/or utilizing testing solutions;
- Troubleshooting and problem solving;
- Participating in internal management meetings;
- Other duties as assigned.
What you’ll need to Succeed:
- The ideal candidate would have post-secondary degree in Computer Science and prior experience in Software Development or a related technology field.
- Senior Developers: 5 – 10+ Years of professional software development experience;
- Modern Front-End Web development & functional programming paradigms;
Would love to see:
- Comfortable working in both a cooperative environment and independently on assigned tasks;
- Creative, motivated, resourceful and passionate;
- Strong communication & troubleshooting skills;
- Previous experience with web focused development;
- Modern Front End Mobile development;
- Native Android or iOS development (Swift, Obj-C);
- React / Redux / React-router / Redux-sagas / Reselect / Leaflet / React-leaflet;
- Common tools like webpack, npm;
- Testing frameworks (e.g. Jest);
- Revision control software (e.g. Git/Github);
- Agile tools (e.g. Jira);
What you’ll get:
- Flexible working hours;
- Competitive compensation;
- Extensive benefits package;
- Employer matched DPSP retirement plan;
- Enterprise level experience with complex systems and technically challenging work.
Farmers Edge Story: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHhe8QS3bP0
Apply through our website: https://farmersedge.applicantpro.com/jobs/