Match your skills to a career where you're not just doing a job; you're making an impact every single day.
At Farmers Edge, we're addressing the global challenge of feeding the world's growing population while reducing environmental impact. We're a diverse group of thinkers and doers, motivated by challenges, curiosity and bold ideas. Our culture is the foundation of our company, connecting innovation and disruption with the passion that drives us. From the software and digital tools that we create to the conversations we share; the collective force of our team is influencing revolutionary changes in agriculture to bring new levels of sustainability and opportunity to farmers and agricultural professionals.
Rapidly expanding worldwide, we're focused on creating a diverse environment of talented individuals. Working with high-quality data sets, cloud connectivity, AI-driven algorithms and predictive models across web, mobile and app platforms, we offer a range of roles in multiple locations where you can build impactful, data-driven experiences and feel empowered to make a difference.
Join us to work with a company whose team is as innovative as its products. Together, we can make the impossible, possible.
Senior Backend Software Developer
Location: Corporate Office, Winnipeg, MB
Reporting to the Software Manager on our Modelling Team, the Senior Software Developer will join a small focused team responsible for creating and improving backend software tools for our primary platform from cutting edge technologies and algorithms devised by our research and development team.
What you'll be doing:
- Back end web programming;
- Develop, design, and improve algorithms;
- Validate algorithm results against real world and test data;
- Follow software development life cycle;
- Create and maintain organized and efficient data models & APIs;
- Gather information through interviews (focus groups, online research, etc.);
- Perform code reviews;
- Write technical documentation;
- Create automatic and manual testing scripts and unit tests;
- Troubleshoot and support deployed applications;
- Collaborate with other teams and departments;
- Participate in daily planning activities such as Agile Scrum meetings;
- Other duties as assigned.
What you'll need to succeed:
- 5+ years of Backend Web Development;
- Python / Django development experience preferred (other backend languages may be considered);
- Proficiency with revision control software (e.g. Git, GitHub);
- Computer Science degree with a focus on programming or equivalent.
Would love to see:
- Experience with large distributed systems;
- Experience with microservices;
- Experience with Elasticsearch, Geoserver, Postgresql, GeoDjango;
- Experience with message brokers like RabbitMQ;
- Familiarity working with massive weather data sets;
- Comfortable working in both a team environment as well as willing to work independently on assigned tasks;
- Strong troubleshooting skills;
- Agriculture knowledge;
- A curious mind and strong initiative to take on independent learning;
- Strong communication and documentation skills.
What you'll get:
- Flexible working hours;
- Competitive compensation;
- Extensive benefits package;
- Employer matched DPSP retirement plan;
- Enterprise level experience with complex systems and technically challenging work.
Please apply by visiting https://farmersedge.applicantpro.com/jobs/.