Match your skills to a career where you're not just doing a job; you're making an impact every single day.
At Farmers Edge, we're addressing the global challenge of feeding the world's growing population while reducing environmental impact. We're a diverse group of thinkers and doers, motivated by challenges, curiosity and bold ideas. Our culture is the foundation of our company, connecting innovation and disruption with the passion that drives us. From the software and digital tools that we create to the conversations we share; the collective force of our team is influencing revolutionary changes in agriculture to bring new levels of sustainability and opportunity to farmers and agricultural professionals.
Rapidly expanding worldwide, we're focused on creating a diverse environment of talented individuals. Working with high-quality data sets, cloud connectivity, AI-driven algorithms and predictive models across web, mobile and app platforms, we offer a range of roles in multiple locations where you can build impactful, data-driven experiences and feel empowered to make a difference.
Join us to work with a company whose team is as innovative as its products. Together, we can make the impossible, possible.
Location: Corporate Office, Winnipeg, MB
Reporting to the IT Support Manager, the Helpdesk Technician will be responsible for ensuring proper computer operation so that end users can accomplish business tasks. This includes receiving, prioritizing, documenting, and actively resolving end user help requests. Problem resolution may involve the use of diagnostic and help request tracking tools, as well as require that the individual to provide in-person or remote help at the desktop level.
Duties may include the following:
- Help setting up new desktop hardware including PC’s, monitors and docking stations;
- Repairing PCs and laptops;
- Receive and respond to incoming calls and e-mails regarding IT issues;
- Prioritize and schedule problem resolution;
- Escalate problems (when required) to the appropriately experienced technician;
- Perform analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of IT problems for end users, and recommend and implement corrective solutions, including offsite repair for remote users;
- Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization;
- Assist in preparing, maintaining, and upholding procedures for logging, reporting, and statistically monitoring IT operations;
- Assist in the development of change control processes, practices, and guidelines for new and existing technologies;
- Administer and manage the company’s Azure AD, Exchange, O365, and other cloud-based systems;
- Administer and manage the company’s firewall and internal network;
- Conduct research to evaluate and recommend purchase of desktop products in support of PC procurement and development efforts;
- Some travel may be required;
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Familiarity with common operating systems (Windows/MacOS/Linux);
- Knowledge of SharePoint and OneDrive administration;
- Over 3 years of experience in a help-desk environment.
- Certification considered an asset;
- Technical knowledge of PC and desktop hardware;
- Experience in MS Office 365;
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills;
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening, and questioning skills;
- Strong documentation skills;
Farmers Edge offers a very competitive compensation package. Salary dependent on qualifications and skill.
Farmers Edge Story: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHhe8QS3bP0
Apply through our website: https://farmersedge.applicantpro.com/jobs/