Match your skills to a career where you're not just doing a job; you're making an impact every single day.
At Farmers Edge, we're addressing the global challenge of feeding the world's growing population while reducing environmental impact. We're a diverse group of thinkers and doers, motivated by challenges, curiosity and bold ideas. Our culture is the foundation of our company, connecting innovation and disruption with the passion that drives us. From the software and digital tools that we create to the conversations we share; the collective force of our team is influencing revolutionary changes in agriculture to bring new levels of sustainability and opportunity to farmers and agricultural professionals.
Rapidly expanding worldwide, we're focused on creating a diverse environment of talented individuals. Working with high-quality data sets, cloud connectivity, AI-driven algorithms and predictive models across web, mobile and app platforms, we offer a range of roles in multiple locations where you can build impactful, data-driven experiences and feel empowered to make a difference.
Join us to work with a company whose team is as innovative as its products. Together, we can make the impossible, possible.
Location: Corporate Office, Winnipeg, MB
Reporting to the Senior Business Analyst, the System Administrator is responsible for diverse challenges in Network Automation, Systems Integration, and light programming in .NET environments.
What you’ll be doing
- Working with project teams to develop code in order to solve business requirements across a wide variety of business areas;
- Network troubleshooting;
- Control user permissions;
- Experience working with the configuration of Virtual Machines;
- Application development;
- Gather requirements;
- Technical troubleshooting for business systems and their adapters;
- Resolve technical issues related to the network or application systems;
- Other duties as assigned.
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Formal System Administrator training from a recognized post-secondary with 2+ years’ experience managing a system;
- 1+ years’ experience developing with C# within a .Net environment;
- Experience with Azure;
- Experience with configuration of the Exchange Server;
- Familiar with firewalls, switches, and other networking devices concepts;
- Experience with Office 365, including SharePoint, Flow, and PowerApps;
- Experience with Relational Database technologies;
- Working with C# in the .NET Framework;
- Familiar with XML, and JSON;
- Documented experience working with GitHub;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Attention to details and a positive can-do attitude;
- Ability to work without supervision and collaborate with a team in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
What would be great:
- Experience with Cisco EMA and SMA;
- Familiarity with the creation of RESTful services;
- Familiar with PowerShell;
- Familiar with data transformations patterns;
- Experience with formal Business Analysis and Project Management frameworks
- Development experience consuming end-point APIs
- Previous experience working in a helpdesk;
- Strong prioritization skills;
- Agricultural experience considered a strong asset, particularly involvement in crop production.
What you’ll get:
- Freedom to work independently and creatively;
- Experience working with complex systems and technically challenging work;
- Competitive compensation package along with great benefits;
- Employer matched DPSP retirement plan.
Farmers Edge Story: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHhe8QS3bP0
Apply through our website: https://farmersedge.applicantpro.com/jobs/