Match your skills to a career where you're not just doing a job; you're making an impact every single day.
At Farmers Edge, we're addressing the global challenge of feeding the world's growing population while reducing environmental impact. We're a diverse group of thinkers and doers, motivated by challenges, curiosity and bold ideas. Our culture is the foundation of our company, connecting innovation and disruption with the passion that drives us. From the software and digital tools that we create to the conversations we share; the collective force of our team is influencing revolutionary changes in agriculture to bring new levels of sustainability and opportunity to farmers and agricultural professionals.
Rapidly expanding worldwide, we're focused on creating a diverse environment of talented individuals. Working with high-quality data sets, cloud connectivity, AI-driven algorithms and predictive models across web, mobile and app platforms, we offer a range of roles in multiple locations where you can build impactful, data-driven experiences and feel empowered to make a difference.
Join us to work with a company whose team is as innovative as its products. Together, we can make the impossible, possible.
Location: Corporate Office, Winnipeg, MB
Reporting to the Senior Business Analyst, as a Software Developer you will support critical business systems, applications, and integrations. You will join a team responsible for the development and support of critical business support systems. The team strives to expeditiously solve business problems with ingenuity and relevant technical solutions.
What you’ll be doing:
- Work with project teams to develop code which solves complex business challenges;
- Support existing applications;
- Thorough documentation of new code and discovered code;
- Resolve technical issues related to application systems;
- Transitioning development and application support from remote teams to internal
- Other duties as assigned.
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent;
- 2+ years of experience working in a team environment;
- Knowledge of the SDLC;
- Experience working with C# in the .NET Framework;
- Experience with the creation of RESTful services;
- Experience with XML, and JSON
- Documented experience working with GitHub;
- Development of well documented code;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Attention to details and a positive can-do attitude;
- Ability to work without supervision and collaborate with a team in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
What would be great:
- Familiarity with Azure;
- Experience working with Power Shell;
- Experience with ASP.NET MVC and Web Forms;
- Experience working with Firewalls, Switches, and other networking devices;
- Experience with Office 365, including SharePoint, Flow, PowerApps
- Experience with formal Business Analysis and Project Management frameworks
- Development experience consuming end-point APIs
- Previous experience working in a helpdesk;
- Agricultural experience considered a strong asset, particularly involvement in crop production.
What you’ll get:
- Freedom to work independently and creatively;
- Experience working with complex systems and technically challenging work;
- Competitive compensation package along with great benefits;
- Employer matched DPSP retirement plan.
Farmers Edge Story: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHhe8QS3bP0
Apply through our website: https://farmersedge.applicantpro.com/jobs/