Emergent BioSolutions is currently seeking a Manager, Engineering. The select candidate will possess a University degree in Engineering, have 3+ years’ experience in management within the field of Engineering in the pharmaceutical cGMP industry. This candidate will have strong project management skills, demonstrated knowledge of practices of researching engineering and design issues and budgetary control experience. In addition, this individual will possess strong work ethic and a commitment to excellence and innovation.
Emergent BioSolutions is dedicated to one simple mission—to protect and enhance life.
As a global specialty pharmaceutical company, Emergent offers specialized products to healthcare providers and governments to address medical needs and emerging health threats.
We value the diversity that each employee brings, and while we look for people who share our Core Values, we thrive on difference as well. With hundreds of talented employees working around the globe, Emergent is a growing organization with a wide variety of scientific, technical and professional career opportunities worldwide.
- Lead and manage a team of engineers to achieve engineering deliverables on time, within budget and according to cGMP guidelines.
- Assemble and lead the project teams. Manage and drive multidiscipline project delivery; ensure compliance with overall project objectives, not just engineering.
- Allocate resources to achieve safety, time, cost, scope, and quality objectives of each initiative where projects may be performed by a multi-technical team in several locations.
- Provide technical engineering support to others within the company.
- Maintain compliance with applicable cGMP regulations, vendor guidelines, engineering principles and documentation.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Mentor and empower the team through effective leadership and management principles.
- Participant and lead in major projects; technical, cost, scheduling and performance decisions.
- Maintain engineering standards across projects by identifying and implementing best practice, carrying out high level reviews and holding the teams accountable for quality.
- Identify and implement initiatives for continuous quality improvement in safety, efficiency, quality, process and profitability.
- Manage competing demands and priorities.
- ·Act as a departmental SME during Regulatory Inspections, Audits and Investigations.
- Provide design input and specifications for GMP process equipment, supporting utilities and control systems.
- Support Validation department through the preparation of system requirement document and protocol reviews.
- Provide technical Engineering input towards opportunities towards enhancing facility automation capabilities
- Support maintenance department to troubleshoot equipment, facility and utility failures and initiate corrective action.
- Champion capital budget plan.
- Evaluate equipment, design and construction bids.
- Participate and lead in business development activities and assist in developing cost estimates.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by those in this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, and other duties may be assigned.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE
- University degree in Engineering.
- Accredited P.Eng from Canadian Association.
- 8+ years in engineering management in pharmaceutical cGMP industry. Food or chemical industry considered.
- Previous MES and/or DeltaV DCS implementation and management experience
- Knowledge of equipment, facilities, utilities such as water purification, compressed air, electrical and programming.
- Knowledge of engineering principles, standards, techniques, policies and processes.
- Strong project management skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of practices of researching engineering and design issues and evaluating alternatives.
- Budgetary control experience.
- Three or more years’ experience in a management position.
- Good leadership/decision making skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to handle several tasks simultaneously.
- Basic Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite of products.
Interested? Please visit www.emergentbiosolutions.com under careers to apply today!