The position is responsible for assisting the Director of Training and Development with the administration and implementation of the association’s workforce development strategy. This is a specialized position with responsibilities in communicating and support with secondary and post-secondary institutions to increase awareness of career opportunities within the bioscience industry.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Intermediate knowledge of general office duties; including proficiency in MS Office and SharePoint preferred; experience with Salesforce or other CRM required.
- Coordinate with secondary and post-secondary institutions on educational/awareness events related to the bioscience industry;
- Ability to manage logistics for events onsite and off-site;
- Maintain a neat, orderly and efficient Training and Development department electronic filing system at all times;
- Create and modify documents, materials, handouts for workforce development activies;
- Provide administrative support to the Director of Training and Development.
Education and Experience Required:
Post-secondary education; and minimum two (2) years’ experience in general office responsibilities and procedures providing administrative support, and a minimum two years of experience in communications; or combination of marketing and communications experience which would provide the required knowledge and abilities.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask is essential; Work towards deadlines with strong organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Ability to follow up and follow through on assigned projects;
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and written; excellent writing skills;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality;
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision yet also able to be part of a team by establishing and maintaining effective, positive and cooperative working relationships with Association staff and industry stakeholders;
- Ability to assume responsibility and exercise good judgment in making decisions within the scope of the authority of the position
Please include a cover sheet and the position title in the subject line of your email to email@example.com
Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
As an equal opportunity employer, Bioscience Association Manitoba is committed to diversity in the workplace.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted for an interview.