At the University of Manitoba our strength lies in our community — individuals who are driven by curiosity and work together to shape a better world.
Our commitment to discovery encompasses everything we do; from the education we offer students to the workplace we offer employees. Experience top benefits, world-class facilities and a community that inspires one another to carve their own path.
Recognized as one of Manitoba’s Top 25 Employers for nine consecutive years and one of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers, UM is ready to help you take the next step in your career!
This 3-year term position will increase technology transfer activities and train graduate students, post-docs and researchers to commercialize their innovations. Participants will collaborate with other innovators, build entrepreneurship skills, develop products based on industry needs and navigate intellectual property licensing. The program will provide teams with real world, hands-on learning experiences that improve the odds for successful products and processes that benefit industry.
The Lab2Market Coordinator will work in a highly dynamic environment that requires a high degree of sensitivity, responsiveness and a need to maintain strict confidentiality. The Coordinator must present a professional image by interacting knowledgeably and courteously with all stakeholders including senior administrators, faculty, staff, students, research sponsors and government representatives locally, nationally and internationally.
The qualifications and experience we’re looking for:
· Completion of a bachelor's degree in business or science is required along with a minimum of 5 years work experience in a related field.
· Completion of a post graduate master's degree program in entrepreneurship and or innovation, technology management or a related discipline is desired
· Minimum three years of new product development experience.
· Commercialization of technology experience.
· Previous experience working in a technology related role.
· Experience with using social media platforms (such as Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn) to promote and market technologies is preferred.
· An acceptable equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Why the University of Manitoba?
Along with being one of Manitoba’s top employers, we are proud to provide a collaborative and enriching work environment. In addition to a strong compensation package with a competitive salary, the University provides an exceptional workplace that includes:
· Comprehensive group benefits program and pension plan.
· Employee and Family Assistance Program.
· A full spectrum of professional development opportunities.
Apply today through the University of Manitoba’s career portal, UM Careers where you will find the full job specification: https://viprecprod.ad.umanitoba.ca/DEFAULT.ASPX?REQ_ID=15387
Closing Date: May 7, 2021
Applications will only be accepted if you apply on UM Careers.
The University of Manitoba is strongly committed to equity and diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from women, racialized persons, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual and gender identities, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
If you require accommodation supports during the recruitment process, please contact 204-474-7195. Please note this contact information is for accommodation reasons only.
Application materials, including letters of reference, will be handled in accordance with the protection of privacy provisions of "The Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy" (Manitoba). Please note that curriculum vitae will be provided to participating members of the search process.
Salary: $60,542.00-$90,813.00 per year
Employee assistance program
Extended health care
Schedule: Monday to Friday