Genome Prairie is a non-profit organization that supports stakeholders across Manitoba and Saskatchewan in capturing and maximizing the benefits of advanced research in genomics and related biosciences. This role is achieved by aligning the partners and resources needed to develop and manage targeted projects addressing regional priorities. Genome Prairie also enables participation among regional researchers in Genome Canada’s competitive granting process for large-scale projects.
Genome Prairie is seeking to fill a full time, permanent position as a Manager, Programs at either its Winnipeg or Saskatoon office. Reporting to the Chief Scientific Officer, the Manager is the main point of contact at Genome Prairie for funded project teams, and is responsible for monitoring projects to assess progress and maximize outcomes. They are an enthusiastic, organized, independent, and creative individual with a passion for science and innovation, and a solutions provider. They have a keen eye for detail, and they understand the importance of oversight and active management in delivering impactful outcomes from funded research.
• Monitor scientific and financial progress of funded projects to ensure that all goals and milestones are met on time and on budget, and assess outcomes and impact
• Cultivate and nurture relationships, facilitate interactions, and communicate effectively with project teams and partners
• Work with project teams to bring forward solutions and assist with problem solving, understand and mitigate risk to optimize scientific outcomes
• Work with academics and stakeholders to help teams prepare and submit high quality applications to Genome Canada, and Genome Prairie funding initiatives
• Develop relationships with key stakeholders from private industry, government, and academia, with a view to demonstrating the application of genomics, aligned with strategic priorities
• Work with stakeholders to facilitate the development of funding and collaborative partnerships
Education and Experience:
• Background in molecular biology, immunology, and/or genetics; MSc minimum, PhD preferred
• Project Management Professional (PMP) designation would be an asset
• Knowledge of the Canadian research and innovation community
• Knowledge of the Canadian research funding environment
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Demonstrated project management and financial analysis skills, in a science or technology environment
• Experience with critical evaluation of scientific proposals and reports
• Ability to think broadly and understand strategic priorities
This competition is open to all eligible Canadians and permanent residents of Canada. Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people, visible minorities, and persons with disabilities.
Application Process: Applicants must submit:
(i) a current curriculum vitae,
(ii) a succinct cover letter highlighting their suitability for the role, and
(iii) the names and contact information for three references
Please send the above in one PDF document to email@example.com. Only applications submitted to the above-mentioned email address will be accepted. We thank all applicants for their interest in the position; however, we will only communicate with the selected candidates.
Application deadline: 5:00 PM (CST) on May 23rd, 2021
Anticipated start date: latest June 15, 2021