SR PROJECT ENGINEER
Emergent BioSolutions is currently seeking a Sr Project Engineer for our Engineering Delivery Department at our Winnipeg location. The successful candidate will have completed a Post-Secondary Program in an Engineering Discipline, accompanied by over 10 years in the industry of which at least 5 years managing capital projects, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. An Engineering degree in Mechanical, BioSystems, BioMedical or Chemical considered an asset, a PMP certification and experience in a federally regulated industry preferred. The ideal candidate will have experience applying systematic problem solving techniques to identify root cause and implement corrective actions, detailed knowledge of facilities, systems, and infrastructure within an industrial setting and familiarity with FDA cGMP and FDA regulations relating to biologic and drug products. In addition, this individual will possess a strong work ethic and a commitment to excellence and innovation.
Emergent BioSolutions is dedicated to one simple mission—to protect and enhance life.
As a global specialty pharmaceutical company, Emergent offers specialized products to healthcare providers and governments to address medical needs and emerging health threats.
We value the diversity that each employee brings, and while we look for people who share our Core Values, we thrive on difference as well. With hundreds of talented employees working around the globe, Emergent is a growing organization with a wide variety of scientific, technical and professional career opportunities worldwide.
The Sr Project Engineer position will be responsible for project management of multiple complex engineering capital projects, project teams, and initiatives to support corporate objectives and operational excellence. The Project Engineer assumes responsibility for all aspects of a project including initiation, planning, execution, closure, budgeting & scheduling. As a coach and mentor, leads others to improve their abilities in delivering capital projects, initiatives, or support of ongoing operations. Ensures project work complies with established practices, policies, and processes and understands business drivers to effectively make higher level decisions that support Corporate goals. The Senior Engineer will act as a change agent to instill the continuous improvement culture throughout the department and the organization.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages all aspects of capital project delivery from concept to turnover in accordance with accepted project management principles and internal practices
- Leads and manages multiple complex capital projects ($100K-$5M) and initiatives simultaneously for various stakeholders and clients using cross-functional project teams
- Exercises judgment and leadership while approaching projects and ensure that the project deliverables align with long term site and Corporate vision
- Coordinates all technical activities on assigned projects, and has the ability and awareness to recognize and address technical problems
- Coordinates the development of project scopes and aligns expectations with the project team and customer applying appropriate standards including cGMP guidelines, FDA regulations, and Corporate procedures
- Assists in the identification of user requirements and uses engineering knowledge to guide stakeholders in understanding of trade-offs between cost, schedule, quality, and risk
- Develops and formalizes project management plans including team charter documents, work and organizational breakdown structures, integrated schedules, commissioning and qualification planning, change management process and project closure, to ensure controls are in place throughout the project lifecycle
- Preparation of design packages and specifications, functional specifications related to engineering, construction, and equipment procurement RFPs, design review, vendor/contractor selection, constructability reviews, approval of submittals, and preparation and oversight of validation and regulatory submission
- Establishes cost baseline and capital expenditure (CapEx) requests, and monitors and reports on baseline using forecasting tools and earned value management
- Ensures consistent and systematic communication to project stakeholders, including team members, leadership, and functional organizations; prepares and presents project status updates
- Acts as a coach and mentor to other members of the Engineering team to drive continuous improvement, knowledge transfer, and professional development
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by those in this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, and other duties may be assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- The completion of a Post-Secondary Program in an Engineering Discipline, accompanied by over 10 years in the industry of which at least 5 years managing capital projects, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Engineering degree in Mechanical, BioSystems, BioMedical or Chemical considered an asset, and a PMP certification preferred
- Experience in a federally regulated industry
- Experience applying systematic problem solving techniques to identify root cause and implement corrective actions
- Detailed knowledge of facilities, systems, and infrastructure within an industrial setting
- Familiarity with FDA cGMP and FDA regulations relating to biologic and drug products
- Familiar with pharmaceutical industry guidelines such as ISPE Baseline Guides, EU Guidance, ISO, and ASMI BPE preferred
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal, including oral presentation skills
- Ability to interact with multiple layers of the organization with demonstrated success initiating change and influencing at all levels
- Excellent organizational skills, capable of setting priorities and managing high workload
- Ability to influence supporting departments and project team members
- Possess an advanced knowledge and skill with Microsoft Project, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and other reporting/tracking tools
- Citizenship/Permanent Resident or Valid Work Permit.
- Successful Completion of a Criminal Record Check.
Interested? Please visit www.emergentbiosolutions.com under the career section to apply today!