Are you seeking an innovative work environment where you can drive how we personalize sleep medicine? Do you enjoy running experiments and clinical trials? Do you want to change the way we help people with sleep problems? If so, consider joining the Clinical Sleep Science team at Cerebra!
Who We Are
Cerebra Medical, located in Winnipeg, MB is a digital MedTech company utilizing patented algorithms and artificial intelligence to improve lives through digital analysis of sleep and sleep quality. Our approved medical devices are unique assets that differentiate the Company from competitors and are revolutionizing the diagnosis & treatment of major sleep disorders, improving patient outcomes. Cerebra’s digital service platform provides unmatched capabilities for in-home sleep analysis, with a focus on improved user experience, state-of-the-art diagnosis, and increased efficiency for our customers.
The Senior Research Scientist is a key member of the Clinical Sleep Science team who will be responsible for using data-driven insights to tell compelling stories, disseminate sleep science through manuscripts and presentations, apply for grant funding, and coordinate prospective and retrospective clinical research trials. The Senior Research Scientist will work closely with the Director Clinical Sleep Science and the Research Associate as a part of the growing Clinical Sleep Science team. We are looking for the best possible candidate for this role, so we are open to remote work locations in the US and Canada.
- Support third party research collaborators in the development, completion and analysis of sleep research initiatives utilizing Cerebra Medical’s sleep technology.
- Support scientific writing related to Cerebra Medical’s sleep technology, including publication projects, reviewing & preparing manuscripts, grant writing, and protocol preparation.
- Analyze data using quantitative and qualitative methods to gain insights and tell compelling stories.
- Present scientific and clinical presentations related to Cerebra Medical’s sleep technology, including webinars, clinical rounds, posters, conference seminars, and similar activities.
- Competitive analysis and sleep technology trend assessment to support and help shape future directions for Cerebra Medical’s sleep technology.
- Participate in continuing education activities such as reading professional publications, participating in professional organizations.
- Provide feedback on the organization’s hardware and software to help make it more intuitive, easier to deploy, easier to support, and more user-friendly.
- Deliver superior service and quality when interacting with potential, current, or past customers.
Skills and Experience
- Ph.D. degree in the sciences (e.g., biology, neurology, psychology, physiology) with a focus on sleep science.
- 3+ years of experience in sleep research with experience designing studies and seeing experiments through to their full lifecycle.
- Proficient at quantitative analysis and visualization. Experience using data-driven insights to tell a story that can be translated to the general public.
- Proficient working with statistical programs (e.g., R, SAS, SPSS, etc.), MS Office (e.g., Excel), database knowledge preferred. Willingness to learn new computer software as required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, experience giving presentations, and knowledge of sleep disorders and their treatment.
- Ability to work independently in a team environment.
- Good interpersonal skills and relationship building skills, able to accept constructive feedback and learn from it.
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to handle multiple simultaneous tasks and to perform well under pressure.
- Strong attention to detail and passion for learning and developing new skills.
- Self-starter who is able to take initiative and stay on-task in a virtual environment.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule.
What we would love to see
- Experience with AI and machine learning techniques.
- Reading and interpreting electroencephalography (EEG) sleep signals.
- Experience in a customer service role.
At Cerebra, we offer a contemporary, fast paced, growth-oriented work environment that affords equal opportunities and embraces diversity. We provide enriching and satisfying careers for our employees, work hard, and have fun in the process. A competitive compensation package, inclusive of insurance benefits will be offered to the successful candidate.
Cerebra Medical Ltd. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Cerebra Health Inc. For more information on Cerebra Health, visit: www.cerebra.health.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted for an interview.