This position is responsible for assisting with administration and implementation of the association’s training and workforce development strategy, as well as providing assistance with general office administrative duties .This is a specialized position with diverse administrative and communication support responsibilities; minimum three (3) years’ general office experience and responsibilities, including one-year experience in the Training/Learning and Development or two years as general office administration; or combination of education and experience in a similar role which would provide the necessary knowledge and skillset.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Intermediate knowledge of general office and clerical duties; proficiency in MS Office and SharePoint preferred;
- Experience answering phone calls, responding to emails, and preparing documents, including office correspondence, memos, resumes, and presentations, ordering supplies, managing vendors, mail /courier and booking travel;
- Support company operations by maintaining electronic filing system and keeping records; Support bookkeeping and budgeting services;
- Update various processes and/or procedures as required; compile data, statistics, and other information for reports;
- Create and modify documents, material, and handouts for training and development;
- Provide administrative support to Management, with duties including but not limited to: ---
-Coordinate and book meetings, handle confidential information\
-contact and front-line customer service with industry stakeholders
-maintain calendars; submit and reconcile expense records and credit card statements
Education and Experience Required:
Post secondary education or 2 or more years’ office administration experience; minimum one year of experience in the Training/Learning and Development field; or any combination of both, basic bookkeeping knowledge an asset but not required.
Ability to communicate effectively both orally and excellent writing skills;
Ability to maintain confidentiality;
Ability to prioritize and multitask is essential; Work towards deadlines with strong organizational skills and attention to detail;
Ability to follow up and follow through on assigned projects;
Ability to work independently with minimum supervision yet also able to be part of a team by establishing and maintaining effective, positive and cooperative working relationships with Association staff and industry stakeholders;
Ability to assume responsibility and exercise good judgment in making decisions within the scope of the authority of the position
Please include a cover sheet and the position title in the subject line of your email to email@example.com
Your cover letter, resume and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
As an equal opportunity employer, Bioscience Association Manitoba is committed to diversity in the workplace.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted for an interview.