To assess, plan, develop, implement, and evaluate training initiatives for business and industry that contribute to achieving BAM’s annual goals.
Reporting to the President, the Training and Development Manager’s role is to act as liaison between Government representatives, industry and trainers to co-ordinate approved educational and human resource programming for the bioscience industry. Working with an industry committee, the incumbent is responsible for identifying bioscience human resource needs and planning training programs to meet those needs. Programming is focused on opportunities for the existing workforce and may include some initiatives for new entrants to the industry.
- Provides leadership to Education Liaison
- Team orientated and takes initiative
Program planning and management
Determine Industry training requirements
- Consulting with Industry and sector HR representatives
- Lead/participate in training needs assessment in member companies
- Meet one-on-one with companies to identify their specific training needs
Stay current with training trends and program
Identify, promote and organize training related events for BAM
Work with BAM HR committee/industry representatives
Develop and implement communication plans to inform industry
- Industry assessment findings and BAM training plans
- Promote the courses offered by BAM
- Oversee the BAM Training newsletter
Develop a training implementation plan and materials to support BAM Training activities
Financial planning and management
Work with the Office Manager for budget related activities; assuming responsibility for aspects related to training strategies and budgets
Operational planning and management
Develop training tracking system that records pertinent information. Prepare and oversee budgets, provide and oversee reports and maintain CRM
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities;
- Ability to balance long-term objectives and activities with day-to-day operations and pressures;
- The ability to deal with confidential and highly sensitive issues and interact with people at all levels within the organization/government/public & clients;
- Excellent communication skills: both oral and written,
- Superior interpersonal skills with the ability to deal effectively at all levels; applying mature judgment and exercising tact, discretion and diplomacy with others;
- Strong computer knowledge that supports electronic information management;
- Adept with a variety of multimedia training platforms and methods.
- Ability to evaluate and research training options and alternatives.
- Ability to design and implement effective training and development.
Please include a cover sheet and the position title in the subject line of you remail to email@example.com. We thank all for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted for an interview.