Thompson Dorfman Sweatman (TDS) believes that collaboration is essential to providing outstanding professional service. Their collegial workplace fosters greater teamwork, responsiveness, and communication, providing better results for clients. With Manitoba roots that run more than 130 years deep, TDS is Manitoba’s largest independent law firm and has long been recognized as a leading full-service law firm dedicated to serving clients and delivering high quality work.
Thompson Dorfman Sweatman LLP is currently seeking a Human Resources Generalist for a 14-Month term. The Human Resources Generalist functions as a broad-based HR practitioner that supports management on employee relations issues, talent development and succession planning, full-cycle recruitment, retention and engagement activities, and organizational development initiatives.
The Human Resources Generalist is also considered a point-of-contact for non-management level employees on a broad cross-section of HR topics, including payroll, benefits, disability claims administration, and general questions.
Perks & Benefits
Competitive salary package.
Flexible hours and remote work potential (1 day per week).
Fully paid benefits.
State of the art building and offices.
Centrally located in True North Square where downtown amenities abound.
- Provide general support to the Director, Human Resources in the development and delivery of the HR portfolio of work.
- Support implementation and maintenance of HR policies and procedures.
- Support staff on-boarding and off-boarding process.
- Partner with Managers, Supervisors, and Team Leads on performance management activities.
- Maintain personnel files and documentation.
- Oversee all time allocation and usage for all staff members (vacations, reduced workweek, banked time, etc.).
- Communicate regularly with management members to assist with HR issues, recognition, and levels of engagement.
- Provide support to the Director, Human Resources in the identification, development, and implementation of various projects, such as those related to the compensation system, job descriptions, HR programs, training and development, recruitment strategy, and communications.
- Back-up/support HR Assistant and Payroll Clerk in the processing and management of the firm’s payroll for hourly and salary employees, to ensure accurate and compliant payroll delivery.
- Support in creation and administration of user manuals, reports, dashboards, and data accuracy audits.
- Help enter and maintain employee data in the HRIS.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned and depending on business needs.
Post-secondary training in business, human resources, psychology, or a related discipline. CPHR or CPHR Candidate designation is preferred.
Sufficient employee-facing HR generalist or business partnering experience.
Experience administering payroll and benefits is preferred.
Preference may be given to candidates with experience in a professional service organization and/or a matrix structure.
Strong Microsoft Office skills (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel).
Strong administration and research skills.
Familiar with various HR related legislation and can apply in daily work.