JOB ID: #2023-8417 (reqID)
INTERNAL CLOSING DATE:
January 19th, 2023
2211 McPhillips St
Laboratory Health Services Centre
As per Collective Agreement
Monday to Friday, 10:30AM-6:30PM
(37.5 hours per week)
As a technician, you will be responsible for obtaining quality blood samples and other specimens from patients, as well as conducting other patient tests, all in keeping with Dynacare’s mission and values. Working as part of a team, you will assist in building a positive team environment, maintaining quality metrics, and creating the ideal customer experience.
Performs a variety of routine laboratory procedures to obtain data for use in the diagnosis and treatment of disease.
Obtains venous and capillary blood specimens.
Performs all routine procedures, such as urine collections, specimen preparations.
Follows all guidelines for handling of infectious materials.
Maintains accurate records for all test and control results.
Prepares QC statistical reports on monthly basis.
Performs routine equipment maintenance and calibrations.
Required to observe all safety precautions in the performance of all duties.
Other duties as assigned.
SKILLED KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Graduate of a Laboratory Technician program or equivalent previous experience.
- Medical terminology an asset.
- Experience with phlebotomy.
Social Processing Skills
- Ability to multitask and work in a team environment.
- Attention to detail and organizational skills are essential.
- Ability to function in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently.
- Excellent communication skills.
***Please refer to Article 2 and 7 of the Collective Agreement regarding temporary positions, job postings, promotions and transfers***