Those who join Emergent BioSolutions feel a sense of ownership about their future. You will excel in an environment characterized by respect, innovation and growth opportunities. Here, you will join passionate professionals who advance their scientific, technical and professional skills to develop products designed-to protect life.
MANAGER, ENGINEERING (CANADA)
Emergent BioSolutions is currently seeking a Manager, Engineering for our Winnipeg site. The select candidate will have a minimum of 5 years of experience in a biopharmaceutical or related environment in a construction management related role and at least 1+ year in a leadership role. A BS in Engineering, Science, Project/Program Management, or management or equivalent in experience. Must have the ability to think and act both strategically and tactically, have highly effective verbal and written communication skills for all levels of the organization and a demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize and coordinate activities. In addition, this individual will possess a strong work ethic and a commitment to excellence and innovation.
Emergent BioSolutions is dedicated to one simple mission—to protect and enhance life.
As a global specialty pharmaceutical company, Emergent offers specialized products to healthcare providers and governments to address medical needs and emerging health threats.
We value the diversity that each employee brings, and while we look for people who share our Core Values, we thrive on difference as well. With hundreds of talented employees working around the globe, Emergent is a growing organization with a wide variety of scientific, technical and professional career opportunities worldwide.
anage the overall site capital project execution with a team of project engineers. Provide leadership and direction to project engineers to ensure that projects are aligned with company strategies, compliance expectations and business needs through established key KPIs. Ensure site objectives are achieved directly through the Project Delivery team and indirectly through other departments and stakeholders. Deliver on site objectives while implementing harmonized project delivery and reporting expectations. Provide leadership support to the other sites and global EFV initiatives as needed.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Site Leadership and Strategy
- Provide leadership and direction to Project Delivery team members, driving performance to the site and function operational and strategic plans.
- Ensure adequate resourcing (capacity and capability) to accomplish site and EFV objectives.
- Execute the site master Hoshin goals assigned.
- Identify areas to drive down operations costs and develop specific investment strategies to realize these savings.
- Continuously improve the culture of the project delivery team and the site.
EFV Tactical Operations
- Escalate issues though site and/or function management as appropriate.
- Track and monitor project progress including financials, schedule, resource constraints, risks, contract status and other appropriate KPIs.
- Drive the complete execution of the site CAPEX plan for the site.
Staff and System Development
- Drive on-going personal development of the project delivery team members.
- Provide effective and collaborative cross functional leadership to facilitate and delivery of site objectives.
Global EFV Alignment and Support
- Support and influence the site master plans, and site capital plans.
Implement project delivery best practices and harmonization initiatives at the site as agreed with the EFV Sr Leadership team.
- Support and/or drive implementation of capital investment related harmonization efforts at the site.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by those in this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, and other duties may be assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in a biopharmaceutical or related environment in a construction management related role, at least 1+ years in a leadership role.
BS in Engineering, Science, Project/Program Management, or Management or equivalent experience
- Technology/Equipment (DP/DS/Clinical/Commercial/SS/SU) emphasis will vary by site, candidate is expected to be able to guide site to top quartile operational safety, efficiency, and reliability for these technologies.
- Ability to think and act both strategically and tactically
- Highly effective verbal and written communicator at all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize and coordinate activities
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Working knowledge of Project lifecycle best practices.
- Citizenship/Permanent Resident or Valid Work Permit.
- Successful Completion of a Criminal Record Check.
Interested? Please visit www.emergentbiosolutions.com under the career section to apply today!