*Consideration will be given to candidates living in Brandon, Manitoba*
Do you want to be part of our innovative and entrepreneurial team?
Do you thrive in an entrepreneurial environment and enjoy working in a team atmosphere? Are you an “outside the box” thinker who strives to implement continuous improvements? Do you take a strategic approach to your work? Do you enjoy in a fast-paced culture where your opinions are valued and respected? Do you enjoy building partnerships to solve mutually beneficial challenges?
Mitacs is a national not-for-profit that helps industry and non-profit partners solve strategic challenges by leveraging Canada’s world-class post-secondary talent and a global network of industry, academic, and government partnerships. Through these collaborations, Mitacs helps business and community partners succeed, improves students’ on-the-job skills development, and strengthens Canada’s world-class innovation ecosystem. At Mitacs, we strive to develop the next generation of innovators with vital research and business skills. In partnership with domestic and international companies, governments and academia, we support a new economy using Canada’s most valuable resource – its people.
To get a better understanding of Mitacs and read more about our values please visit our website
Advisor – Manitoba
Full-Time Temporary Employment – one year with chance of renewal to permanent
This is not your ordinary sales job. Our business development team members are the bridge between academia and industry partners or organizations. They spot opportunities and take action on behalf of Mitacs. They are at the forefront of marketing Mitacs programs and are analogous to matchmakers, who find the common interests between companies and researchers.
If you were to join Mitacs as an Advisor within Manitoba, we’d ask you to do the following:
- Work closely with members of Mitacs Business Development, Research, and Programs teams to deliver high‐quality programming
- Work closely with local, regional and national Business Development Advisors to expand the
- Mitacs network and build collaborations
- Work closely with stakeholders within the Manitoba post-secondary ecosystem to fully understand the needs of the researchers and students, find industry opportunities and identify the best programs to leverage the research opportunities uncovered
- Create and maintain a network of partners/clients in industry and academia
- Introduce companies and not-for-profit organizations to various Mitacs programs
- Introduce companies to various post-secondary researchers
- Provide support to the Business Development Team as needed
- Provide business development support to all Mitacs programs as needed.
- Assist in negotiating the necessary agreements to facilitate discussions and collaborations between post-secondary and industry partners
This sounds quite exciting and challenging, right? Let’s hope so, because if it does, there’s a good chance this job is right for you. Here’s what you will have already that will help you to handle these challenges:
- Graduate level education – Masters or PhD (or equivalent combination of studies and research experience)
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Enthusiastic and high‐energy self‐starter
- Team player
- Ability to think creatively and try new things
- Desire to pursue a career outside of research and academia
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high-performance culture
- Business development experience is an asset
Special consideration will be given to applicants with an active social network with proven ability to promote participation and sponsorship in programs or initiatives in their community.
Mitacs has a COVID-19 policy in place that requires all employees to be fully vaccinated to protect our team and our stakeholders, subject to any accommodations required under applicable human rights legislation. Information about getting vaccinated can be found here.
At Mitacs we believe a diverse workforce comprised of individuals with different ideas, strengths, interests and backgrounds which is crucial to our success. We encourage candidates to connect with us and share ways how we may accommodate your needs during the recruitment process.
In you are interested, please apply this position on Mitacs website at https://mitacs.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=1312&source=bamboohr