Emergent BioSolutions is currently seeking an Associate Specialist II, Validation for our Winnipeg site location. The successful candidate will have a BS Engineering/Chemistry/Microbiology or in another related field, GxP validation experience in the areas of data integrity, installation qualification and performance qualification and excellent technical writing and verbal communication skills. Must demonstrate success in technical proficiency, creativity, and collaboration with others and independent thought, and possess the ability to adapt to a dynamic project schedule with a varying level of complexity. In addition, this individual will possess a strong work ethic and a commitment to excellence and innovation.
Emergent BioSolutions is dedicated to one simple mission—to protect and enhance life.
As a global specialty pharmaceutical company, Emergent offers specialized products to healthcare providers and governments to address medical needs and emerging health threats.
We value the diversity that each employee brings, and while we look for people who share our Core Values, we thrive on difference as well. With hundreds of talented employees working around the globe, Emergent is a growing organization with a wide variety of scientific, technical and professional career opportunities worldwide.
This role is responsible for supporting the validation effort to ensure that equipment, facilities, utilities and computer systems utilized in the manufacture of product, are validated for intended use.
The Associate Specialist II, Validation authors, reviews coordinates and executes qualification and validation documents including process equipment, controlled environments, critical utilities, critical facilities and decontamination / sterilization of equipment.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for process related activities including the development of validation strategies, the estimation of validation timelines and resource requirements, the generation and approval of the project validation plans, the development of robust and efficient validation test protocols and reports, for new and existing facilities, utilities and equipment.
- Responsible for the coordination, communication and completion of assigned validation tasks.
- Operate instrumentation to perform various environmental monitoring studies (temperature, relative humidity etc.).
- Assist with reviewing User Requirements Specifications, Factory Acceptance Tests and Site
- Acceptance Tests for facilities, equipment and utilities.
- Author documents such as procedures, summary reports, and status reports related to data integrity as required.
- Function as system administrator for defined computerized systems
- Working with the cross functional teams in the development and execution of validation activities associated with new equipment, system and facility upgrades.
- Review and approval of documents prepared by the validation team, other departments and contractor organizations as required.
- Resolving and assisting in the closure of deficiencies / deviations initiated during validation activities or as related to critical process parameters.
- Assisting in the implementation of any existing Validation program to ensure continued compliance to the necessary regulations.
- Participate in audit interviews and support audits, performed by regulatory agencies.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by those in this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, and other duties may be assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- BS Engineering/Chemistry/Microbiology or related field.
- Desirable cGxP validation experience, in the areas of data integrity, installation qualification, operational qualification and performance qualification.
- Experience with investigations and root cause analysis principles.
- Excellent technical writing and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex validation projects in a fast paced environment is required.
- Possesses strong knowledge of engineering and related practices, including governmental regulations – ISPE, EU, 21CFR 210, 211, Part 11.
- Experience with systems such as Controlled Temperature units, Critical Utilities, Facilities, and equipment, preferably used in a GMP environment.
- Demonstrates success in technical proficiency, creativity, and collaboration with others and independent thought.
- Makes decisions exercising judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Ensure alignment and communication of issues and strategies.
- Excellent attention to detail, with an ability to work to very tight schedules.
- Possess the ability to adapt to a dynamic project schedule with varying levels of complexity.
- Advanced skills and fluency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel.
- Experience with laboratory instrumentation/equipment and control systems used in GMP and/or
- GLP environment
- Possess strong communication and project management skills.
- Adaptable and flexible.
- Citizenship/Permanent Resident or Valid Work Permit.
- Successful Completion of a Criminal Record Check.
- Medical assessment required upon hire.
Interested? Please visit www.emergentbiosolutions.com under the career section to apply today!