Farmers Edge is a global leader in agriculture technology! We produce industry leading technologies, software and digital tools that enable customers around the world to grow more sustainably, maximize profitability, and minimize risk.
Our Team Members are passionate, enterprising individuals who thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth work environment. We offer a competitive total compensation package that may include a co-paid insurance plan, annual bonuses, vacation time, a generous sick leave plan, and options for retirement savings, in addition to the base salary.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, you will play a key role in delivering agronomic support to growers in the region. As a Digital Agronomist, you will:
- Use remote sensing and satellite imagery, interpreting data to create quality Farmers Edge zone maps by fields, using proprietary software.
- Use GPS and maps, guide soil sampling procedure to ensure it is completed, acting as lead expert and backup for Seasonal Soil Samplers when necessary.
- Interpret soil test results from Farmers Edge Labs or chosen regional contract laboratory.
- Utilize Farmers Edge Tool Set (ZonePro, Sample Pro, RxPro and ScoutPro) to create and/or approve fertilizer, fungicide and seeding recommendations (Rx) prescriptions.
- Provide support in collecting and completing contract requirements with growers.
- Work with growers to provide agronomic support and interpret yield variability maps, identify potential stress or pressure in the field, and further scouting investigations for R&D.
- Work with the Account Management and field Operations teams to help drive sales including sales calls to promote Smart VR or reconcile grower concerns on fertility, fungicide or seeding recommendation (Rx) as required.
- Traveling within the region to meet with growers (when conditions permit)
What you'll need to succeed:
- Bachelor's degree or diploma in Agriculture
- Strong understanding of Agronomy/Precision Agronomy, including regional farming practices, knowledge of fertilizer and seed, drainage regulations and farm equipment
- CCA accreditation preferred; willingness to obtain this designation is required
- Previous experience doing data collection for R&D purposes, growth staging, recognizing disease, weeds, growth, and other environmental pressures.
- A history of working with high tech hardware and software; technologically inclined
- Self-motivated with a genuine drive to provide great customer service
The ideal candidate will be working from home from a location that fits within the territory, and be willing to travel* throughout the territory.
*The successful candidate will be required to provide proof of, and maintain an acceptable driving record, consistent with our Vehicle Use Policies, to be eligible for employment with Farmers Edge.
Farmers Edge is committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, and collaborating with team members and candidates to identify and remove barriers to employment. We welcome and encourage applications from all persons and will work to find reasonable accommodations at all stages of recruitment and throughout a team member's employment.
Submit your application HERE