Reporting to: Engineering Manager
Conviron's Engineering team is growing so we are looking to add another Mechanical Team Lead! Team Leads are responsible for the day to day leading and management of 5-7 members of our Engineering team. Our teams are assigned various projects and the Team Lead has an essential role in ensuring that we are meeting our clients' needs by completing projects on specification, on time and on budget. Conviron's team leads participate in the designing of our chambers but are primarily responsible for leading/mentoring team members, delegating design tasks and collaborating with the various cross functional teams (Sales, Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Finance, etc.) that make what we do possible. If you are a leader and are interested in contributing to feeding the world and making it a healthy, safer and more productive place then we would love to hear from you!
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Manage a team of Design Engineers, Technologists, and/or other Support Staff to ensure projects meet set targets
- Facilitate process improvement initiatives and consistently and systematically seek out ways to improve team efficiency
- Create or enhance departmental policies and/or procedures to increase productivity and to eliminate waste
- Ensuring projects are on specification, on time, and on estimate
- Develop best practices in the process of design engineering with a strong focus on continuous improvement
- Collaborate with cross-functional departments during concept generation, detailed design, prototyping, production, installation, and service
- Ensure customer requirements are translated into properly defined engineering specifications, prior to the team starting the design
- Identify test protocols to validate designs and perform in-process inspections when required
- Implement detailed project reviews, prior to releasing designs to procurement and production.
- Red-marking and implementing design changes through the Engineering Change Order (ECO) process
- Conduct troubleshooting activities and root cause analysis
- Identify and minimize risk at all levels
- Respond to or assign NC’s and CPA’s in accordance with our QMS
- Assist in the evaluation of team member performance including performance assessments and gathering monthly performance metrics
- Provide daily coaching to individual team members. Identify individual performance gaps, create, and execute corrective action
- Ensure team performance is aligned with corporate objectives, specifically those surrounding safety, production lead time, quality, throughput, productivity, and cycle time
- Conduct and/or oversee all on the job training of new or existing employees. Document all training
- Assist in the development of succession planning for replacement of key employees
- Promote teamwork within and across the departments
- Participate in the hiring/selection process, discipline and make recommendations such as hiring, promotions and appropriate disciplinary actions
- Maintain employee timesheets
- Maintain a high standard of professional knowledge, ethics and practices when dealing with customers, suppliers, peers, subordinates, supervisors, and other key stakeholders of the company.
- Conduct oneself in a personal manner that reflects integrity and respect towards customers, suppliers, peers, subordinates, supervisors, and other key stakeholders of the company
- Ability and desire to lead a team
- Able to motivate employees of various experience and skill levels
- Project management skills
- Ability to not only manage one’s own time but the time of others through delegation of tasks
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to lead effective meetings
DESIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Registered CET, P.Eng or EIT with EGM working towards P.Eng
- 5+ years in a mechanical engineering design role
- Experience leading and mentoring team members
- Proficiency of SolidWorks is required
- Experience working in ERP systems is an asset
Don’t meet every single requirement?
We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment, so we strongly encourage you to apply even if you don't believe you meet every single qualification outlined.
Persons with disabilities who anticipate needing accommodations can contact firstname.lastname@example.org in confidence. Reasonable accommodations can and will be provided at all stages of the application process and once hired.
- Duration: Full-Time/Permanent (37.5 hours/week): on-site
- Compensation: Successful candidate will be remunerated based on their skills and experience.
- Date of Posting: May 8th, 2023
- Closing Date: Once a suitable candidate is selected
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants should submit a resume for consideration to: email@example.com
590 Berry Street
Attn. Human Resources
Please include the title Mechanical Engineering Team Lead in your subject line.