Reporting to: Engineering Team Lead
Conviron is looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer specializing in HVAC/R design to contribute to the design and manufacturing of our products. Engineers at Conviron need to be passionate about the work they do, curious about the work we do, how it is done and how to do it better. If you have experience in HVAC/R design (heat load calculations, coil, pump, valve, fan selection), enjoy collaborating and want to contribute to making the world a healthier and more productive place, we want to hear from you.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Translating project requirements into meaningful engineering specifications
- Estimating costs and schedules for various design and design activities
- Designing and developing cost effective, innovative product solutions
- Using Solidworks to create new and/or modify existing mechanical part/assembly models, drawings, and bills of material
- Defining test protocols
- Performing verification and validation testing in accordance with our ISO quality system
- Collaborating with peers and contribute in design reviews
- Providing engineering support to cross-functional departments including QA, Production, Sales,
- Installation and Service
- Addressing non-conformances and responding to corrective actions in a timely fashion
- Implementing design changes through the Engineering Change Order (ECO) process
- Conducting troubleshooting and root cause analysis
- Preparing design documentation
- Other responsibilities and duties as assigned
- Curious self-learner who thrives in a collaborative environment
- Demonstrate analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Clear written and oral communication skills
- Excellent time management and personal organization skills
- Demonstrated ability to be effective while working independently and within a team environment
- Ability to interpret electrical schematics, specifications, and shop drawings
Desired Education and Experience
- 3 + years of experience in Refrigeration, or HVAC design is required (heat load calculations, coil, pump, valve, fan selection)
- Experience with CFD analysis is an asset
- Registered CET, P.Eng or EIT with EGM working towards P.Eng
- Proficiency of SolidWorks is required.
- Experience working in ERP systems is an asset
Don’t meet every single requirement?
We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment, so we strongly encourage you to apply even if you don't believe you meet every single qualification outlined.
Persons with disabilities who anticipate needing accommodations can contact firstname.lastname@example.org in confidence. Reasonable accommodations can and will be provided at all stages of the application process and once hired.