Reporting to: Facilites Manager
The Facilities Technician is responsible for day-to-day maintenance and upgrading of Conviron's 590 Berry Street facility. The Facilities Technician will engage in a variety of work from moving office furniture, painting, yard maintenance, electrical work, maintenance of shop equipment and more. They work with the Facilities Manager to ensure that our team has a safe, welcoming and comfortable environment to work every day.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Perform daily maintenance of the facility equipment.
- Perform daily cleaning and maintenance of the facility (indoor and outdoors)
- Painting, repairs, improvements of the facility and the equipment.
- Provide observations about facility conditions and deficiencies and provide suggestions for enhancement and repair
- Relocate production support equipment to improve production.
- Support the manufacture of production tooling.
- Provide support for production continuous improvement activities
- Perform preventative maintenance tasks.
- Knowledge of processes and practices relating to facility operations and maintenance
- Effective communication skills for the purpose of data relay, exchange, feedback, and clarification
- Ability to maintain, troubleshoot and repair non-technical facility components
- Possesses a strong environment, health, and safety mindset.
- Strong client-service orientation along with a high sense of urgency
- Ability to read understand and interpret technical drawings and information
- Demonstrated maintenance and repair skills
- Basic knowledge and understanding of Building Automation Systems (BAS) is an asset
DESIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 3+ years experience in facility maintenance and/or variety of experience in trades
Don’t meet every single requirement?
- We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment, so we strongly encourage you to apply even if you don't believe you meet every single qualification outlined.
- Persons with disabilities who anticipate needing accommodations can contact firstname.lastname@example.org in confidence. Reasonable accommodations can and will be provided at all stages of the application process and once hired.
- Duration: Full-Time/Permanent (37.5 hours/week): on-site
- Compensation: Successful candidate will be remunerated based on their skills and experience.
- Date of Posting: May 12th, 2023
- Closing Date: Once a suitable candidate is selected
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants should submit a resume for consideration to: email@example.com
590 Berry Street
Attn. Human Resources
Please include the title Facilites Technician in your subject line.