Our Winnipeg office is seeking an accounting professional to join our team. The Accounts Payable and Trust Clerk processes daily trust and accounts payable transactions, primarily supporting our Winnipeg office.
This position will work together with other members of the finance team in our Regina and Winnipeg offices. The position also requires regular communication with financial institutions and internal customers (including lawyers, paralegals and legal assistants) to ensure accuracy of trust and accounts payable transactions. The position requires gaining and maintaining an understanding of provincial law society rules in respect of trust monies and adhering to processes and controls to abide by those rules and other related internal controls to safeguard trust monies.
- Processing trust receipts and related daily deposits (cheques and electronic funds transfers)
- Reviewing and processing disbursement of trust funds (cheques and wire transfers)
- Investment transactions
- Processing credit card trust retainers
- Daily reporting
- Strictly adhering to provincial law society rules and MLT Aikins internal policies
- Reviewing and processing vendor invoices and expense reimbursements
- Determining applicable cost codes/general ledger accounts
- Reconciling credit card accounts
- Professional individual with at least two years of related experience
- Ability to deal with highly confidential information in a professional manner
- Strong organizational and administrative skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Working knowledge of an accounting information system considered an asset
- Experience in a professional services firm considered an asset
- A competitive salary depending on experience
- Comprehensive coverage for health and wellness benefits
- Access to group savings plans and investment options
Our diversity statement
MLT Aikins is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building an inclusive and diverse work environment. Our principles of diversity, equity and inclusion create a space for everyone to collaborate, allowing us to deliver excellent and increasingly innovative legal service to our clients. We encourage individuals of a diverse group to apply to our job postings.
A friendly, co-operative atmosphere typifies the working environment of all offices of MLT Aikins. If this role and firm sounds like the fit for you, please submit your resumé and cover letter. Please note only those candidates who are selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please submit your application on MLT Aikins's website:https://www.mltaikins.com/job-posts/accounts-payable-and-trust-clerk-winnipeg/ or email to email@example.com