Date: May 11, 2023
Location: CA - Steinbach, Canada - All, CA
Company: Bausch Health
Bausch Health Canada is the international head office of Bausch Health Companies, one of the fastest growing international pharmaceutical companies dedicated to bringing quality health and wellness products to all Canadians.
Our team manufactures and markets a wide variety of pharmaceutical and health products that are distributed in pharmacies, healthcare practices and hospitals across the country.
At Bausch Health, we invest in our employees and we believe in the importance of cultivating performance and outdoing ourselves in finding new and better solutions with the aim of responding innovatively and effectively to current needs.
ROLE TITLE: AUTOMATION ENGINEER (6 MONTH TERM)
REPORTS TO: SENIOR MANAGER, ENGINEERING
HOURS: 8:00 – 16:30
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Engineering, and working within a diverse engineering team, you will be responsible for the implementation and operation of the site automation network. This is a key role within the engineering team to ensure that the site remains compliant with Data Integrity requirements for our electronic cGMP systems. The scope of this role is to start connecting existing equipment into our automation network.
- Lead project team to implement, validate & maintain Rockwell Factory Talk automation network
- Collaborate with IT to create and maintain a highly secure & available environment for the automation network
- Guide & develop technical resources to implement, troubleshoot and repair automation systems
- Lead & execute engineering capital projects
- Site SME for computer system setup
- Actively contribute to occupational health, safety, and wellness initiatives
- Stay current with technological advances and solutions
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, Industrial Electrician or Certified Engineering Technologist with experience implementing industrial control systems.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in industrial automation within a manufacturing environment
- Experience with Rockwell Factory Talk and Honeywell EBI software
- Experience running technical projects within a manufacturing environment
- Pharmaceutical or food manufacturing experience is an asset
Required competencies; Additionally, successful candidates will demonstrate:
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines and commitments.
- Proven ability to work unsupervised, with great customer service and time management skills.
- Self-motivated, positive attitude, attention to detail and a team player.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, diverse environment
- Able to initiate and lead change
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
Why Bausch Health?
Bausch Health is a dynamic, growing company with a dedicated team committed to excellence and to helping Canadians by providing them with important, high-quality healthcare solutions. It is a progressive, exciting place to work where opportunities abound for current and new employees to help make a difference for Canadians.
We strongly believe the success of Bausch Health coincides with the achievement of personal and professional goals. We are a progressive, exciting place to work – where opportunities abound for new and current employees.
Our team members work in a dynamic environment where professional and personal growth is encouraged. You have the satisfaction of knowing that you are working with dedicated individuals who share a common vision of innovation and an unrelenting focus on improving people’s lives with our health care products.
Bausch Health accomplishes its commitment to diversity and inclusiveness by simultaneously nurturing the diversity of thinking, ideas and outlook that already exists among our employees. Through consistent and aggressive efforts, we attract, develop, and retain talented people with a variety of perspectives from all backgrounds and cultures. Working in an environment that enables them to apply their collective talents to our shared principles and commitments will enable us to deliver the greatest value to our customers and the patients we serve.
By cultivating a winning attitude, we empower employees to seize opportunities that support the company’s mission to improve people’s lives.
What we have to offer our employees in our state-of-the-art Steinbach manufacturing site:
- Insurance coverage (Medical – Dental – Vision)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Gym on site
- INSPIRE: Employee Recognition Program
- Full-service Cafeteria - Free coffee & tea
- Free parking
The masculine is used in this publication without prejudice for the sake of conciseness.
Bausch Health is committed to equal employment opportunity and complies with equal employment opportunity laws in effect wherever it operates.