Date: May 11, 2023
Location: CA - Steinbach, Canada - All, CA
Company: Bausch Health
Bausch Health Canada is the international head office of Bausch Health Companies, one of the fastest growing international pharmaceutical companies dedicated to bringing quality health and wellness products to all Canadians.
Our team manufactures and markets a wide variety of pharmaceutical and health products that are distributed in pharmacies, healthcare practices and hospitals across the country.
At Bausch Health, we invest in our employees and we believe in the importance of cultivating performance and outdoing ourselves in finding new and better solutions with the aim of responding innovatively and effectively to current needs.
ROLE TITLE: QUALITY CONTROL REVIEWR (18 MONTH TERM)
DEPARTMENT: QUALITY CONTROL
REPORTS TO: SUPERVISOR, QUALITY CONTROL
HOURS: EVENING SHIFT 15:30 – 24:00
Reporting to the Quality Control Supervisor, you will be responsible for performing Quality collecting, organizing, and reviewing scientific data within required timelines to ensure completion, accuracy and compliance with established procedures and standards by reviewing lab records.
- Perform review of data electronically through instruments software/LIMS and manually using lab records
- Make decisions regarding the acceptability of analytical data based on the documentation and make usage decision of RM’s into ERP (SAP and LIMS) system and release applicable samples into ERP and/or database.
- Assist in developing, writing, and reviewing and revising departmental SOP’s and Standard Test Methods. Assist with interpretation of USP and EP compendial requirements.
- Review out-of-specification laboratory investigations and provide support during audits and assist with the development and preparation of technical reports.
- Ensure compliance with current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) and regulatory requirements in a manufacturing environment.
- Participates in the areas of occupational health, safety, and wellness.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science degree with a major in Chemistry or Life Sciences or College diploma in Chemical Technology.
- Minimum 5 years’ related industry experience for technical/scientific data review
- Thorough understanding/experience of analytical testing and laboratory instrumentation and their software (Empower, Lab-X and ChemStation)
- Working knowledge of the associated regulations that govern the pharmaceutical and natural health products laboratory environments
- Understanding of laboratory, computer software programs, including Microsoft Office, is required
- Basic knowledge of statistical and trends
Required competencies/Abilities: Additionally, successful candidates will demonstrate:
- Sense of urgency and flexibility.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated, positive attitude, attention to detail and a good team player.
- A strong solution focus and high attention to details to identify problems and drive for results.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines and commitments.
Why Bausch Health?
Bausch Health is a dynamic, growing company with a dedicated team committed to excellence and to helping Canadians by providing them with important, high-quality healthcare solutions. It is a progressive, exciting place to work where opportunities abound for current and new employees to help make a difference for Canadians.
We strongly believe the success of Bausch Health coincides with the achievement of personal and professional goals. We are a progressive, exciting place to work – where opportunities abound for new and current employees.
Our team members work in a dynamic environment where professional and personal growth is encouraged. You have the satisfaction of knowing that you are working with dedicated individuals who share a common vision of innovation and an unrelenting focus on improving people’s lives with our health care products.
Bausch Health accomplishes its commitment to diversity and inclusiveness by simultaneously nurturing the diversity of thinking, ideas and outlook that already exists among our employees. Through consistent and aggressive efforts, we attract, develop, and retain talented people with a variety of perspectives from all backgrounds and cultures. Working in an environment that enables them to apply their collective talents to our shared principles and commitments will enable us to deliver the greatest value to our customers and the patients we serve.
By cultivating a winning attitude, we empower employees to seize opportunities that support the company’s mission to improve people’s lives.
What we have to offer our employees in our state-of-the-art Steinbach manufacturing site:
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Insurance coverage (Medical – Dental – Vision)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Gym on site
- INSPIRE: Employee Recognition Program
- Employee Referral Program
- Full-service Cafeteria - Free coffee & tea
- Free parking
The masculine is used in this publication without prejudice for the sake of conciseness.
Bausch Health is committed to equal employment opportunity and complies with equal employment opportunity laws in effect wherever it operates.