To assess, plan, develop, implement, and evaluate training initiatives for business and industry that contribute to achieving BAM’s annual goals.
Reporting to the President, the Workforce Development Manager’s role is to act as liaison between Government representatives, industry and trainers to co-ordinate approved educational and human resource programming for the bioscience industry. Working with an industry committee, the incumbent is responsible for identifying bioscience human resource needs and planning training programs to meet those needs. Programming is focused on opportunities for the existing workforce and include initiatives for underrepresented and new entrants to the industry.
Program planning and management
Develop a training implementation plan to support BAM workforce development activities
Determine Industry training requirements by:
- Consulting with Industry and sector HR representatives
- Lead/participate in training needs assessment with member companies
- Meet one-on-one with companies to identify their specific training needs
Stay current with training trends and programs by:
- Liaise with training providers
- Liaise with other sector council training managers
Work with BAM HR committee/industry representatives to:
- Identify where training is an appropriate strategy to meet the Sector Council Annual Plan goals
- Identify the specific training (content and scope) which will contribute to achieving the framework goals
Develop and implement communication plans to inform industry about:
- Industry assessment findings and BAM training plans
- Oversee and implement the BAM Training newsletter
Financial planning and management
Work with the Director of Operations and Finance for budget related activities; assuming responsibility for aspects related to workforce development budgets
- Work with the BAM team reporting, updating and/ or creating the Four-Year Sector Council proposal
Operational planning and management
Develop tracking system that records pertinent information
Assist companies in developing and implementing company delivered training
Develop an evaluation strategy in conjunction with the HR training committee including:
- Implement evaluation plan, summarize evaluation results and review with training committee
Provide HR and LMI reports to industry
Complete timely reports to Manitoba Economic Development Investment and Trade
Complete quarterly reports to the BAM Board
Represent BAM at events, as appropriate
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities;
- Ability to balance long-term objectives and activities with day-to-day operations and pressures;
- The ability to deal with confidential and highly sensitive issues and interact with people at all levels within the organization/government/public & clients;
- Excellent communication skills: both oral and written,
- Superior interpersonal skills with the ability to deal effectively at all levels; applying mature judgment and exercising tact, discretion and diplomacy with others;
- Strong computer knowledge that supports electronic information management;
- Adept with a variety of multimedia training platforms and methods.
- Ability to evaluate and research workforce training options and alternatives.
- Ability to design and implement effective workforce development.
We work together within a team environment of mutual respect, honesty, and integrity. We are personable, knowledgeable and take pride in our work and our association.
We approach our days with a supportive, proactive, positive, and enthusiastic attitude and maintain an open environment where questions, brainstorming, and teamwork is encouraged.
We are results focused with a strong performance culture when providing services/programming to our industry members and stakeholders.
All these contribute to BAM’s culture and are strengthened by the importance we place on preserving a healthy balance between professional and personal life.
Please include a cover sheet and the position title in the subject line of your email to email@example.com. We thank all for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted for an interview.