We offer more than a job, we offer a career!
- We support our employees to shape their career by encouraging continuing education and investing in training and development.
- We put our employees at the center of what we do to allow them to grow personally and professionally, with projects and challenges that are motivating and rewarding.
- We inspire people to do what they are passionate about by believing in integrity, respect and recognition of diversity and community support.
- We are a dynamic team where entrepreneurship, innovation and collaboration are at the core of our values.
- We offer competitive salaries and a multitude of benefits starting day one including generous medical and dental coverage, telemedicine, employee and family assistance program, and retirement and savings programs.
- We recognize the importance of work-life balance with our hybrid work program, wellness allowance, and year-round social activities and events.
Who we are.
Founded in 1987 by Barry F. Lorenzetti, BFL CANADA is one of the largest employee-owned and operated Risk Management, Insurance Brokerage, and Employee Benefits consulting services firms in North America. The firm has a team of over 1000 professionals located in 24 offices across the country. Our employees have free rein to demonstrate their creativity, leadership and entrepreneurial skills since we believe in each one of them. BFL CANADA is a founding Partner of Lockton Global LLP, a partnership of independent insurance brokers who provide Risk Management, Insurance and Benefits Consulting services in over 140 countries around the world.
Your Day As a Client Service Representative:
- Maintains electronic files (EPIC) to ensure that they are organized and up to This includes policy documentation and wordings to be attached in EPIC as well as update accordingly.
- Follows the process as set for ECAT. (Non – Transportation)
- Set up new clients in Epic
- Processes invoices, enclosure letters, and other documentation as
- Prepares Presentation of Policy Documentation in Binders for clients
- Issues certificates of insurance from client requests/contracts and, in conjunction with the CSA, ensures the insurance program meets requirements.
- Printing liability cards: pinks, NOA
- Issuing template letters for Liability cards and mailing them
- With the CSM, contacts insurers to confirm coverage and amend as
- With the CSM, advises clients of any discrepancies between the insurance program and the insurance
- Reviews policy wordings and other documentation for accuracy and completeness
- Prepares certificate lists at renewal and issues certificates of insurance in conjunction with the CSA as confirmed with the
- Creates abeyances, advises Team, and follows up for outstanding
- Obtains claims history from EPIC, Claims Department, or insurers at renewal or when
- Ensures all correspondence is accurate and flows in a timely
- Organizes and prepares premium financing, when
- Follows BFL policies and procedures, including security and quality procedures, as currently set out and as amended from time to
- Other miscellaneous duties and special projects as required
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Minimum 4 years Commercial insurance experience or relevant insurance education
- Level 2 license (insurance designation, CIP or CAIB preferred) or working towards
- Extremely detailed
- Must be completely client focused and service oriented
- Maintenance of licensing requirements/continuing education
- Excellent communication skills, listening, verbal, and written
- Ability to work well independently, as part of a team, and with others throughout the organization
- Positive attitude and a desire to grow
- Willingness to go beyond the job description
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint
More about us
Our BFL Winnipeg office is located in the heart of downtown, accessible by transit, near the BELL MTS Place (home of the Winnipeg Jets) and the upcoming True North Square. There is an amazing variety of restaurants available, and we are only a short walk away from Food Truck Ally by the legislator grounds.
Let’s stay in touch: follow us on LinkedIn to get privileged access to our activities and see our other job opportunities.
Visit our website to learn more about us: bflcanada.ca/
BFL CANADA is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Offers of employment at BFL CANADA are conditional upon satisfactory results of background verifications.