We offer more than a job, we offer a career!
- We support our employees to shape their career by encouraging continuing education and investing in training and development.
- We put our employees at the center of what we do to allow them to grow personally and professionally, with projects and challenges that are motivating and rewarding.
- We inspire people to do what they are passionate about by believing in integrity, respect and recognition of diversity and community support.
- We are a dynamic team where entrepreneurship, innovation and collaboration are at the core of our values.
- We offer competitive salaries and a multitude of benefits starting day one including generous medical and dental coverage, telemedicine, employee and family assistance program, and retirement and savings programs.
- We recognize the importance of work-life balance with our hybrid work program, wellness allowance, and year-round social activities and events.
We are looking for a Commercial Insurance Broker - Client Service Manager for our Winnipeg Office!
The primary purpose of this position is to support the Client Executive to manage a book of business by developing and maintaining excellent client relationships, with a focus on maximizing retention.
Your day as a Client Service Manager
- Proactively manage a book of business by reviewing the client’s exposure and loss history and proposing appropriate coverages and/or solutions.
- Collaborate with Client Executive to develop account strategies, presentations and proposals.
- Ensure maximum retention of book by providing exceptional client service by regularly contacting existing clients to ensure quality service is delivered and needs are met and exceeded.
- Ensure client and insurer correspondence is accurate and flows efficiently.
- Ensure policy documents and wordings are attached in ECAT and maintained up to date.
- Respond to telephone calls and written inquiries from clients and underwriters in a timely and professional manner.
- Discuss with the Marketer the placing of new business as well as renewals.
- Request endorsements in a timely and efficient manner.
- Prepare underwriting submissions and maintain appropriate documentation for various accounts and/or correspondence.
- Review policy wordings and other documentation for accuracy and completeness.
- Participate in industry functions and targeted public relations activities.
- Maintain extensive market relationships.
- Request and follow up with insurers for quotes, outstanding information, endorsements or policy documentation.
- Ensure abeyances and follow-ups for outstanding items from underwriters and clients are in place and done.
- Collaborate with Client Service Representative to guarantee accuracy of internal and external documents.
- Monitor and follow up on outstanding client accounts receivables.
- Liaise with Accounting to resolve accounting discrepancies and related issues.
- Perform other miscellaneous duties and special projects as required.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Level 2 license (insurance designation, CIP or CAIB preferred) or working towards
- 7 + years of experience in Commercial Insurance; Client Account Management or similar role;
- FCIP or CIP designation preferred
- Client focused with strong technical knowledge and understanding of markets and related policy wordings
- Good quantitative skills and creative application of products, markets, and alternatives
- Good computer skills with strong knowledge of the MS Office Suite (Excel, Outlook, Power Point)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Who we are.
Founded in 1987 by Barry F. Lorenzetti, BFL CANADA is one of the largest employee-owned and operated Risk Management, Insurance Brokerage, and Employee Benefits consulting services firms in North America. The firm has a team of over 1000 professionals located in 24 offices across the country. Our employees have free rein to demonstrate their creativity, leadership and entrepreneurial skills since we believe in each one of them. BFL CANADA is a founding Partner of Lockton Global LLP, a partnership of independent insurance brokers who provide Risk Management, Insurance and Benefits Consulting services in over 140 countries around the world.
More About us
Our BFL Winnipeg office is located in the heart of downtown, accessible by transit, near the BELL MTS Place (home of the Winnipeg Jets) and the upcoming True North Square. There is an amazing variety of restaurants available, and we are only a short walk away from Food Truck Ally by the legislator grounds.
Let’s stay in touch: follow us on LinkedIn to get privileged access to our activities and see our other job opportunities.
Visit our website to learn more about us: bflcanada.ca/
BFL CANADA is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Offers of employment at BFL CANADA are conditional upon satisfactory results of background verifications.