Location: Winnipeg, MB, CA, R3T 5Y3
Those who join Emergent BioSolutions feel a sense of ownership about their future. You will excel in an environment characterized by respect, innovation and growth opportunities. Here, you will join passionate professionals who advance their scientific, technical and professional skills to develop products designed-to protect life.
MANUFACTURING ASSOCIATE (CANADA)
Emergent BioSolutions is currently seeking a Manufacturing Associate for our Winnipeg site. The select candidate will have a grade 12 diploma, experience preferably in the food and/or food service industry and have the ability to follow written and oral instruction, and complete the science and general aptitude testing. In addition, this individual will possess a strong work ethic and a commitment to excellence and innovation.
Emergent BioSolutions is dedicated to one simple mission—to protect and enhance life.
As a global specialty pharmaceutical company, Emergent offers specialized products to healthcare providers and governments to address medical needs and emerging health threats.
We value the diversity that each employee brings, and while we look for people who share our Core Values, we thrive on difference as well. With hundreds of talented employees working around the globe, Emergent is a growing organization with a wide variety of scientific, technical and professional career opportunities worldwide.
Support the manufacturing of pharmaceutical products according to the production schedule.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Clean and sanitize equipment as required
- Clean the manufacturing and filling areas when required
- Perform water sampling and EM sampling where required
- Maintain the inventory of consumables in the cleanrooms
- Follow all written procedures according to GMP standards
- Assists in process activities with technicians when required
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Assist with competency assessments and training
- Reports to production supervisor on their designated shift
- Works with other production staff and company departments to ensure production schedule is maintained to the best of their ability
The above statements are intended to describe the nature of work performed by those in this job and are not an exhaustive list of all duties. Nothing in this job description restricts managements right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time which reflects management’s assignment of essential functions.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Grade 12 diploma
- Preferred food and/or food service industry.
- Follow written and oral instruction, complete the science and general aptitude testing requirements.
- Demonstrate good work ethic and ability to work alone or in a group.
- Manufacturing experience is not necessary but would be beneficial.
- Citizenship/Permanent Resident or Valid Work Permit.
- Successful Completion of a Criminal Record Check.
- Medical assessment req’d upon start
Interested? Please visit www.emergentbiosolutions.com under the career section to apply today!