Farmers Edge is a global leader in agriculture technology! We produce industry leading technologies, software and digital tools that enable customers around the world to grow more sustainably, maximize profitability, and minimize risk.
Our Team Members are passionate, enterprising individuals who thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth work environment. We offer a competitive total compensation package that may include a co-paid insurance plan, an annual, vacation time, a generous sick leave plan, and options for retirement savings, in addition to the base salary.
We currently have an opportunity for a Controller with previous experience listed company experience. In this role you will be responsible for safeguarding the assets of the Company and coordinating all financial reporting and compliance activities. Your primary tasks will include oversight of the accounting team, evaluating and maintaining compliance with internal controls, supervising financial audits, managing financials, and reporting to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Oversees daily operations of the accounting and finance department ensuring timely and accurate transaction processing, account analysis, reconciliations, and schedules. Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including International Financial Reporting Standards.
- Oversees the monitoring and timely preparation of monthly and annual financial statements, along with variance reporting analysis to prior years and current budget. The variance analysis is performed in collaboration with the division leaders.
- Assists with the compilation of the company's month-end and quarter-end reporting packages under both parent and public company reporting requirements and timelines such as the Financial Statements, MD&A and all related external reporting.
- Recommends benchmarks for measuring the financial and operating performance of divisions and departments.
- Ensures compliance with local, provincial, and federal taxation reporting requirements.
- Establishes and implements short and long-range departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures. Designs, establishes, and maintains an organizational structure and staffing plan to effectively accomplish the department's goals and objectives.
- Team leads the fiscal audit team, responsible and accountable for the timely completion of the fiscal audit and providing recommendations for procedural improvements
This role could be a good fit for you if you have:
- CPA designation, accompanied by at least 5 years of relevant experience.
- Strong analysis capabilities with a keen eye for detail.
- Thorough knowledge of IFRS accounting standards and external reporting requirements in a public company setting.
- Knowledge and expertise of automated financial and accounting reporting systems, and ERP conversions.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft NAV and Dynamics 365 would be an asset.
This role offers a flexible hybrid or in-office work arrangement, and a typical Monday to Friday work schedule, with flexibility to meet the needs of a geographically diverse workforce
Live Life at the Edge!
Farmers Edge is committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion, and collaborating with team members and candidates to identify and remove barriers to employment. We welcome and encourage applications from all persons and will work to find reasonable accommodations at all stages of recruitment and throughout a team member's employment.