Recent analysis out of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change stresses the essential need to develop and deploy technologies for actively removing carbon dioxide from the atmosphere. These solutions will need to be effective, sustainable and measurable.
Carbon Lock Tech is currently seeking to hire a highly-motivated individual to lead the development and implementation of a comprehensive carbon removal credit strategy. Experience with carbon life-cycle analyses (LCA), measurement, reporting and verification (MRV) methodologies, and techno-economic analyses (TEA) are very strong asset criteria, as are knowledge and experience with climate policies, carbon pricing, carbon credits, and carbon market mechanisms.
We are a cleantech start-up company with high ambitions to develop and scale carbon removal systems, processes and technologies. If you share this passion and want to help build a net-zero future, we’d like to hear from you!
- Start: September 2023
Pay: $32.00 – $37.50
Location: Flexible (though preference will be given to candidates living in or willing to relocate to Winnipeg, Manitoba).
Term: 10-month term position with the strong possibility of an extension or conversion to a permanent position with excellent performance in this role.
Requirements: This position is funded through an employment program, which requires the following:
o Candidates must be aged 30 or younger
o Candidates must be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person who has been granted refugee status in Canada
- A graduate degree from an accredited university with a relevant specialization, such as:
o an MBA with a focus on ESG, sustainability, carbon markets, cleantech, etc.
o an MA with a focus on environmental studies, climate policy, carbon management, etc.
o an MSc with a focus on environmental science or engineering, etc.
o another graduate degree with a focus on climate, carbon, global sustainability, etc.
- 2-5 years work experience in the areas of climate science, environmental engineering, climate policy, carbon markets, or similar.• Strong ability to take on new and complex areas of research and produce clear, comprehensive and highly valuable analytical reports.
- Strong ability to understand and translate knowledge broadly across the domains of science, engineering, economics, business, policy and financial markets.
- Active and clearly demonstrable commitment to addressing the issues of climate change and atmospheric carbon management.
- Lead the development of a comprehensive understanding of the science, technology, economics, and policy direction associated with carbon dioxide removal solutions, as well as carbon credit markets (carbon removal credits, offtake agreements, etc.)
- Lead the development of a comprehensive carbon life cycle analysis (LCA) for the company’s biocarbon production and sequestration strategies.
- Lead the development of a comprehensive measurement, reporting and verification (MRV) approach, including understanding key concepts, criteria and measures involved, e.g. additionality, permanence, verifiability, reversals, etc.
- Lead the development of a comprehensive techno-economic analysis (TEA) associated with the company’s carbon removal strategies.
- Engage actively and effectively with carbon removal credit buyers, including direct corporate buyers, institutional buyers and all types of brokers and dealers.
- Participate actively in relevant information sessions, webinars, seminars, courses and accelerators associated with carbon dioxide removal (CDR) systems, processes, technologies and markets.
Do you have?
- A positive and energetic approach to working deeply and diligently towards an important goal.
- Very strong writing skills (i.e. clear, concise and highly readable).
- Very strong oral communication skills (i.e. strong ability to present to and participate in senior-level meetings).
- Very strong visual communication skills (i.e. reports, documents, emails, presentations, charts and graphs must be clear, informative, well-formatted, etc.).
- Strong time management, decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- An ability to work independently and with some level of autonomy.
At Carbon Lock Tech, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment where everyone can thrive. We value the different perspectives, experiences, and backgrounds that our team members bring to our mission of addressing climate change through carbon removal.
We welcome and encourage applications from people of all identities, backgrounds, and abilities. If you are passionate about what we are doing and want to join our team, we would love to hear from you!
Please apply at https://carbonlocktech.com/employment/carbon-removal-specialist