Those who join Emergent BioSolutions feel a sense of ownership about their future. You will excel in an environment characterized by respect, innovation and growth opportunities. Here, you will join passionate professionals who advance their scientific, technical and professional skills to develop products designed-to protect life.
MANUFACTURING ASSOCIATE - FILLING (CANADA)
Emergent BioSolutions is currently seeking a Manufacturing Associate for our Filling Department in Winnipeg. A high school diploma or equivalent is required; Pharmaceutical manufacturing diploma or bachelor’s degree in science/Engineering is considered an asset along with a minimum of 2 years of related experience. Must have the ability to read, understand and follow standard operating procedures, protocols, work instructions and other policies and procedures as required. The select candidate will have strong written and verbal communication skills, have the ability to work in a group environment and have strong accuracy and attention to detail. In addition, this individual will possess a strong work ethic and a commitment to excellence and innovation.
Emergent BioSolutions is dedicated to one simple mission—to protect and enhance life.
As a global specialty pharmaceutical company, Emergent offers specialized products to healthcare providers and governments to address medical needs and emerging health threats.
We value the diversity that each employee brings, and while we look for people who share our Core Values, we thrive on difference as well. With hundreds of talented employees working around the globe, Emergent is a growing organization with a wide variety of scientific, technical and professional career opportunities worldwide.
The Manufacturing Associate role supports the filling of specialty pharmaceutical products and directly contributes to our mission of protecting and enhancing life.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Lives our culture of “right the first time” and ensures quality and accuracy in day-to-day activities.
Executes and documents procedural steps in compliance with current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) standards and other regulatory requirements.
Operates machinery; assembles and disassembles equipment as required.Operation of vial washer, depyrogenation oven, steam sterilizers, freeze dryers, integrity testers and other related equipment.
Performing product sterile filtration, filling, and capping operations.
Escalates problems, concerns, or deviations in a timely manner.
Maintain production areas in a tidy, 6 sigma (6S) standard including cleaning and sanitization of work areas.
Identifies and communicates process improvement and operational excellence initiatives.
Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by those in this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, and other duties may be assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- High school Diploma or equivalent is required; Pharmaceutical manufacturing diploma or
- Bachelors’ degree in Science / Engineering is considered an asset.
- Minimum of 2 years of related experience is required; Previous experience working in a regulated environment is strongly preferred.
- Ability to read, understand, and follow standard operating procedures, protocols, work instructions, and other policies/procedures is required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a group environment.
- Strong accuracy and attention to detail is a must.
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical regulatory requirements is required.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite Products such as Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Ability to adapt to and complete shift work including days and nights.
- Able to work on ladders or at heights when required.
- Ability to lift and move materials/equipment when needed.
- Ability to enter confined spaces.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment medical and criminal background check.
Citizenship/Permanent Resident or Valid Work Permit.
Successful Completion of a Criminal Record Check.
Medical assessment req’d upon hire.
Interested? Please visit www.emergentbiosolutions.com under the career section to apply today!